GameSpy get Feedback on Troika's eulogy

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Mar 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

In their article <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/592/592496p1.html?fromint=1">The Resident Cynic - Eulogy to a Flawed Developer</a> GameSpy talked about Troika and asked for feedback and they got it. In <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/596/596238p1.html?fromint=1">their new article this week</a> they've just posted letters, all letters. Feedback from the community about Troika (and Kotor II but we don't care about that).
    <blockquote>So, wow ... the things I've written in the past few weeks seem to have really struck a chord. I'm still getting multiple daily e-mails about the KotOR II thing, and the Troika article generated more mail than I expected. Everything from sympathy to reasoned discussion to vitriolic ranting has poured into my inbox for the last two weeks. </blockquote>
    There's a lot of stuff, so I'll just give you one quote:
    <blockquote>Second point: Vampire: Bloodlines contractually couldn't be released until after Half-Life 2 came out. Half-Life 2 suffered numerous delays. Here's my understanding (which may not be correct, as it's based on hearsay from developers I chat with): During the final stretch of delays, Vampire was finished (playable) but not polished (devs were aware of problems that could be fixed). However, rather than pay to have the game finished, Activision decided not to invest in any more development. The game sat, as-is, for several months before release, waiting for Half-Life 2 to come out first. I think those last couple of months could've done wonders for the final product, smoothing the rough edges and catching the bigger bugs. Why was development stopped? Was it already over budget? I can't say for sure, but I understand that the talent was there and ready to do it but that the money wasn't there to pay them. </blockquote>
    That's courtesy of one of the readers who wrote in. <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/596/596238p1.html?fromint=1">You can read the rest here</a>, it's all quite juicy.

Spotted at <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a>

2. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

To play these new game you need to buy new very expensive hardware t. With the America Ecomony not in good shape most gameplayer arenot going to usgrade they computer. Computer Game Industry isnot going to be getting alot of investor money for awhile.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Too bad, in Europe most of us have good enough hardware to play these games, so fuck off, and let us play the games with good graphichs. We are more than you.

4. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Your bigot Christian in Europe with your anti-muslim laws being pass lately because you are too laxy to have enought babies to maintrain your population can buy new computer as you have no kids to support with your money. Wait 20 year from now the only one in Europe will be muslim.

5. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I an an atheist. so your claims against christianyty have no effect on me. and the day i have to live under sharia law I will kill myself. Also yes we are to lazy to get many babies, but that sure as hell ain't my fault. And you guys just marry 6 women each and have 6 kids with each of them, that is 36 kids per manm, now you see that is why you fuckers grow so fast, I say max 3 children, learn sometjing from the Chinese.

(I am a ware that they have only 1 child, but in europe we are not over populated)

6. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Than the Funt Christian and Avel Christian in America are trying to turn America into than Theolgrath state like Iran where Christian Funt and Avel tell the Government what law to pass like when Congress got involse in that Floradi Court case on removering the woman feeding tude. First this case was hear in State Court for 12 year before 6 different State Court in Florade before 26 different judge than all agree with her hushand that the feeding tude can be remove than they issue than finaly order to that effect.
    It was not one judge makeing than quich ruleing it was well thought out.

7. mathboy

mathboy New Member

GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THIS FORUM! YOU HAVE YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED FORUM FOR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION!

WE'RE TRYING TO MOURN TROIKA'S DEMISE AND FIND SOMEONE TO BLAME HERE!

Our Host!