Gamespy Best RPG for 2001 Poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skie88, Nov 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

2. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Nice one, Skie. I went and did my duty.

While the page was loading, I was wondering whether I'd be given any dilemmas, like if there was another good RPG in the options. There wasn't! Not even one. CRPG-land has definitely shrunk, for me at least.

3. Dmonik

Dmonik New Member

4. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

5. Maniac

Maniac New Member

6. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

I did vote arcanum, then civ3. I would have taken in wiz8 if Ive played it and its there but then its not. :smile:

well ive take some time off Arcanum lately.. Civ 3 was great, the changes/improvements was great as well, at least for me.. :smile:

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Geez, I haven't even heard of most of those games. I never realized I was living in such a back-water village. Are any of those games worth purchasing as an alternative to Arcanum while I'm waiting for the next (warm up the flamethrowers, kids) patch for Arcanum to arrive?

8. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

I don't know about summoner and evil islands, but civ 3 was a blast.The new concept for an army and a leader was nice.
    Also wizardy 8 was upposed to be out in the US, Im still waiting 4 it here my fav cd shoppe.If youvelike wizards and warriors(is it just me or I really love buggy games :grin: ), wizardy 8 was suppose to be better, well I hope so...

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Thanks for the tips. I saw civ 3 but it looked a little more like a strategy game than an RPG so I picked up something else (The Longest Journey, and is it ever).
    As far as Wizardry, I'll try it. As long as there are no fatal flaws I can live with some minor bugs. Thanks again.

10. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

well civilization III was indeed a strategy game.Wizardy 8 looks like Might and Magic( that great series, IX is supposed to be in the way, thanks to gamespot :smile: )

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Well I vote for Arcanum and civ3. The only catolary their don't have is turkey of the year
    I would have vote Pool of Radiance for turkey of
    the year. I hope I havenot offend any real Turkey (the kind you eat}.

12. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I just voted for Civ 3. When I went there originally, I hadn't had the game long enough, so held off until I knew.

I can't believe how jaded I am about Wizardry style games. I started on them way back in the days of the first Bard's Tale, on the speccy and found myself completely bored by about M&M IV. Sad, isn't it?

Maybe after all this time of avoiding them, I should give one a try again.

If I'm not voting for HOMM4 in the strategy section next near, I'll be amazed.

13. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

the bards tale series was great, i can remember playing those games on the c64 and amiga, 10 yrs ago, i'm gonna have to drag them out of the cupboard i think for some nostalgia

14. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Same here, Im eagerly awaiting HOMM4 and feel sick when its release gets pushed from November to next year.. :sad:

BTW, I finally got Wizardy 8, i hope its good.

Our Host!