Games to remake and upgrade.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CharlesBHoff, Aug 15, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There is than company trying to remake the Bard's Tale with moderm graphic and sound without destorying the orginate feel of the game.
    I would like to see Outpost 1 upgrade, keep the no fighting and turn base style. The last surviore of Earth after the two big rocks hit Earth arenot going to fight each other in a war.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Chunky, do we really need two over-sized images in our signature? One's not enough, or is making them smaller too gosh-darned hard?

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I have warned him about this, and given him enough time to take action on his own. It's time for me to take action on my own now...

4. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I tried deleting the actual image from the chaosinn.net server, but that didn't work for me. Chunky better have it saved on his computer. I'm giving it another try.

EDIT: I replaced his image with a smaller one. I see that you denied his signature priveledges or something.

666 posts..

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I would love to see the Orion games like Privateer and Armada and Wing Commander re-released in a Windows compatible format, but they had good pretty good graphics originally. I would also love to see them add a mission editor or some way to add expansion packs to those games. I always thought they cut Privateer off way too early by restricting it to only that one sector of space.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

you know what might be nice... A remake of mario bros. or duck hunt without better graphics, with the same controls, but with more options. Like a much bigger version of mario bros. 1, since I can beat 1 quite easily in 8 hours.

Oh shit, Matah you reminded me.... I was going to do a note when I made my 969th post.... :cry:

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Pah! You missed it by a measley 4 four posts.

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I'm sure there's 5 threads that you were the last poster, so you could go back and delete them and you'll have your 969 posts.

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Alternatively, I could delete your account and you could start again...

11. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Since everyone was talking about classic games a few posts back, I thought I'd bring up the fact that one of my favorite bands is "the Minibosses." These guys are a truly amazing band, they only play game themes from games like Metroid, and Castlevania, and Megaman, and they do it so so so so so damned well. If you like classic games, and you like a little guitar music, check these beautiful bastards out ASAP.

13. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Alot of the old DOS game have screem size smaller than 640 by 480 which is the smallest size my mortor can handle or window can handle I donot know which.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Charles, I don't give a fuck what monitor you have, I guarantee is can display below that. Just because Windows won't DO it, doesn't mean it CAN'T.

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

When I try to run those games the screen goes black and then the monitor turn itself off.

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You should try dosbox. Also, it's not the monitor that can't handle such a resolution, it's the card.

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I download dosbox already waiting either for new computer or total refit old one.

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I have an xp card, ati radeon 9600pro and a 19 inch samsung monitor. Dosbox works perfectly... Almost that is.

19. floyd

floyd New Member

:-o You are joking, right? If not, you should really post this *brilliant* idea on NMA and see what they think of it. :lol:

They should re-release the first X-Com games so that they work fluently on Windows 98 and so on. I hate the fact that I've never been able to play them while everyone who played them tells me they are awesome games.

:(

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Yep, I was joking, thanks for making me explain it. THeres nothing I enjoy more than taking time out of my busy schedule to explain basic sarcasm to forum noobs.

BTW, there is a version of the original X-Com out there that works fine on windows '98. I got it on a PC Gamer cd back in 2000 (may be 2001?), anyway what they need to do is release an updated version that works on windows XP, because there isn't one.

Our Host!