GameRanger: a new online gaming network for Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Scott Kevill, Nov 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ville-v

ville-v New Member

I did not remember the exact date when they were going to close the servers down, but according to link it has already happened. I can verify that, I just attemped to multiplay with Arcanum and it was impossible to connect WON servers anymore. That means multiplaying is impossible without this Gameranger thing.

2. Scott Kevill

Scott Kevill New Member

It won't be impossible -- there are other ways, but it just won't be as easy. Beat you to it, Philes.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Look, I'm not here to crap all over you man. You're offering a new service for a game that is beloved over here (at least the single player portion of it is, anyway). More power to you!

It was just the way your ad was formatted and the word choice that made the inner me lash out in sarcastic bile. I understand and accept that just because something doesn't appeal to me doesn't mean it will not appeal to someone else.

As an addendum to my previous post above: Apparently "Arcanum multi-player" without the hyphen word filters into "Bad Idea," at this forum. Which is further proof of my point, which is that Arcanum multi-player is simply terrible and that I don't think it's worth the work to make it technically possible again.

4. Scott Kevill

Scott Kevill New Member

Haha, no problem, I thought Bad Idea was another of your substitutions like your first reply. ;)

Our Host!