game startup

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Machinegun Willie, Nov 7, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Machinegun Willie

Machinegun Willie New Member

I've installed the game and everything goes normal at first. it let's me go through the character creation, equipment selection, runs the videos of the attack on the zepher and the gnome giving me a ring and then the game shuts down and kicks me back to windows. I've tried the official and unofficial patches. No luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

What version of windows are you using? What graphics card do you have? Do you have the newest drivers for it? have you tried reinstalling the game?

3. Kirov

Kirov New Member

This hapened when I first tryed to play Arcanum on what was supposed to be a better computer than I already had, 6 years ago.

If your running it on a cheap stock computer, like a pentium, or a old HP, then consider getting a graphics card, I had to switch back to my pentium2? I cant remember witch pentium, but on my pentium I put in a quad soundblaster, and I put in an ADI graphics card.

Lol, I remember puting that computer together, I was so proud that I had taught myself basic hardware upgrading, Better RAM, Better Soundcard, Better Graphics card ( witch I got so I could Play unreal tournament in 32 bit mode), and I upgraded the fan lol.

But anyway, you might need to upgrade your stuff.
    But knowing what your running the game on would help us dearly in aiding you.

Our Host!