Game crashes in Tarrant

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by renegade, Aug 9, 2015.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. renegade

renegade New Member

Basically the game is crashing the moment I came back to Tarrant from anywhere (Caladon or Wilderness), tried to take the Steamrail station (Tarrant University) and the game will automatically crash, tried to go to Vermillon Station and it will not crash ONLY to crash 5 seconds walking into my storage in Tarrant University.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS CRASH.

So guys I need your experience in the game if you can remember any quest/ item/ blessing/ place/ or just any source that could trigger this bug.

2. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Do you have any modifications installed? Do you receive any crash message? Does it crash to the desktop immediately, or does it freeze so you have to use Task Manager to close the game? There is a lot of information lacking, if you could provide me answers to these questions I might be able to help you.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Also, if you haven't at the bare minimum patched the game you might just be out of luck. Did you? HRM?

4. renegade

renegade New Member

i only installed the Patch 1.0.7.4 and UAP. No crash message. And YES it crashes to desktop immediately.

UPDATE, I managed to save my "game file" via By-passing Tarrant until I got my ass off Tulla, Although I'm not immediately get crashed when I decided to go to Tarrant it occasionally get "crashed to desktop" when I use Steamrail station specifically to "Tarrant University".

After Tulla though and when I travel back to Tarrant "by Land" I can occasionally use Steamrail station to Tarrant University w/o crashes but I prefer not to use it anymore and transfer all my belongings from there to the "Lemon Tree" at Blackroot.

I'm not sure what is HRM. But I had installed the "Patch 1.0.7.4" and "UAP".

5. on1ondevelopment

on1ondevelopment Member

Then I don't know what is causing the problem. What OS do you use? I've heard that Arcanum isn't working properly on Windows 8 and Vista. Dunno about Windows 10 though.

6. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    There's a thread somewhere around here that has to deal with the trials and tribulations of running Arcanum on Vista.
    I think DarkFool was driving that.

Anyway, once I flagged Arcanum to run as Administrator (I also have Vista), it's runs just fine.

EDIT: here is the thread -> Vista, W7, 64bit, and the somehow confusing nature of it.

7. renegade

renegade New Member

i'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit, my laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 (originally an "office laptop") 2006-07 issue
    thirdworldfag.jpeg

i suppose this will help alot, so i just bookmarked it for future use, thanks papa_dog

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Delicious. So filling I couldn't possibly eat another bite.

Our Host!