Fun little flash game for you puzzle lovers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Oct 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Milo

Milo New Member

http://www.albartus.com/motas

It's a little flash adventure game. Old-school puzzle style with a touch of humor. Nothing too fancy, but it's a fun way to burn an hour or so if you have the time.

Enjoy.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well, why not? Seeing as tdzk is down...

Hotaru's account was hacked and went on a rampage, destroying almost anything that could be destroyed. We will be down while we roll back our database. Please be patient.

Dang, Hotaru's Admin ship. Egads... That was one mean mutha of a ship. Invulnerable, capabale of destroying everything in site.

DANG! I WISH I'D HACKED IT!!

EDIT: Well, I got out of the room... Now I'm trying to open that disk box and see what else I can do.

3. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

will some please tell me how to get out of that fucking room!

4. Milo

Milo New Member

Which room? Gotta be more specific since the whole game is basically getting out of one room and into another.

5. DarkUnderlord

6. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

um.... I don't know er... let's try say THE FIRST ONE! 8)

NM I got it.... Must be a low IQ thing :p

so now i'm stuck with a stupid disk box in a room with a puter that I can turn on but won't accept the stupid disk which I assume contains the code that will get me out of the other stupid room :roll:

7. DarkUnderlord

I'm stuck with a pen and a piece of paper and trying to figure out how I write something with the pen, on the paper. Or even if that's what I'm supposed to do...

*Goes back to clicking on things*

8. Milo

Milo New Member

Hel Khat, you gotta get the diskette out of the diskette box. From there, you do what you normally would with a diskette; put it in a diskette drive. And due to my emerging case of OCD, diskette diskette diskette diskette diskette diskette diskette.

DU, you're on the right track. I'll give you a hint, you'll need to forge a signature. The easiest way to forge a signature is...

9. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

Been there and done that already 8) Now I'm in the bridge room with the tiles and the chair. Anywho have you finished this game yet? is it worth it or should I just shoot myself in the foot right now :p

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Well, I'd say it's worth it, but then it only took me like an hour to finish it and I like figuring out puzzles. There's no grand ending that would justify spending a ton of time or brain power on it, though. It just sort of... ends. You keep figuring out how to open the doors until eventually you find your way... out? Muwahahahahah

You find out a little bit of the backstory as to why you're there. That's about it.

PS - The puzzle you're on stumped me for awhile, Hel Khat. It all makes sense once you've figured it out, though.

11. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

cool thanks Milo it is a way to pass the time :)

12. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Bah! Piece of piss. took me about 35 to 40 minutes to complete. I signed the guestbook at the end too.

What's this 'backstory' you speak of? It didn't really explain much at all.

Most of the puzzles were really easy - had most areas (the bits between each loading scene) licked within from about 10 seconds to 80 seconds, with the only exception being that damned 'Intellilock' thing, which was simply a matter of memorising a sequence (or writing it down if you've got a pen and paper handy. Maybe I should do that next time, as it'll be easier on the ol' brain). That lock was just annoying.

Apart from that, it's nothing spectacular, but it's an entertaining piece of gaming to kill a few minutes anyway, so keep playing it if you can! :razz:

13. Hel Khat

Hel Khat New Member

ok so tell me how too unlock the bridge....

14. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

I'm stuck on opening that diskette box as well... I mean there arent any screw drivers or anything to pry it open with... unless it lets me chuck it at the wall so it breaks.

Hm....

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Is that the roller bridge you're talking about?

In the room to the right, you need to alter the floor tiles so that it creates an unbroken like from the right to the left, so that the 'head' can go to the mouse hole in the wall.

In the same room, turn off the lights and you'll see three panels in the back wall. Remove them.

Back in the main room with the bridge, click on the bridge somewhere to lift it, revealing 3 slots. Put the three tiles in them. They can only go in in one order, so don't worry. Slide them in and out, until the create an unbroken line from left to right, and then use the diskette box on the mouse hole in the right wall near the door.

Pick up the box again, and place the head on the right hole in the tile slots. Now pull the chair towards you, and click on the upper-left hand side of the bridge. Viola!

The site is down ATM, but if I remember correctly, you can remove a pin from the picture on the back wall near the computer. Use that to pry open the box.

16. DarkUnderlord

... to kill somebody and cut off their hand! Their hand, still squirming before death, then writes their signature, thus ending my problem.

Thanks Milo!!

17. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

Sorry DU, doesn't work. Beleive me I've tri-.... erm, read it in a book. :nod:

18. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Good game, although I got bored during the intellilock and nearly gave up. I signed the guestbook.

19. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

I cant get those tiles to form a line in that bridge part. I've placed them all in the slots and have tried putting the head in a diskette box in there but all i get is "good idea but the machine is not ready yet" i have the chair moved up there and everything. The only way I can get an unbroken path between the patterns is with the middle design of each tile.

What am I doing wrong!?

20. Ferret

Ferret New Member

If you look carefully, there is a small bit of line on the walls of the machine between the three tiles. THis must form part of the unbroken line, so that the head can go from right to left along it.

THe right tile needs to be 2 out, the middle one pulled out by just one, and the left one also pulled out by two. Don't worry if the left one looks further out than the right one, because it is - each section is governed by the lines on it, rather than a certain distance out each time.

Our Host!