Fuckin megapolises

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sofokl, Jan 26, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What sucks?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2007.
  1. Megapolis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Village

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Personally, I couldn't care less about the architectural side of things. The charm of a big city is that there's all these various things to do and pretty easy to travel around between them.

Whilst the charm of a small town is the easy, laid-back kind of mood and easy familiarity with most people since you know them at least by sight.

So I still say there are benefits to each, at least from my perspective.

And for Mr Van Stran's benefit: yes. Yes, I have been in Southern Sweden. While in the army, for one thing, though that whole (or)deal may have clouded my view of the semi-Danes down there. In my defense, they hated us much more than we disliked them.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spuddy, at what regiment did you do your military service in?

3. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Do danish people so hate other scandinavians only because they live at Jutland?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've never encountered that, but I don't know, maybe?

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Frankly, I believe all Scandinavian nationalities hate each other for some reason or another. Could be that until some 200 years ago, we were constantly at war.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When the Swedish-Norwegian Union breaked up, it was sooooo near that we would have another war.

7. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

For Mr Van Stran's benefit, I was toting a machine gun around at A1. And most of our field exercises took us pretty far southwards, for some strange reason, so I'm reasonably familiar with the species of human living down there.

^^^ That there was just an example of the traditional intra-Scandinavian hatred we all know and love. Swedes vs. Norwegians, people from the north vs. people from the south, the glorious people of Stockholm vs. the rest of Sweden, etc.

Things were so much better before 1809...

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    We'll have to re-establish the empire again, that's what I always say.

9. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

One or two Battles of Narva and we'll soon have half of Sofokl's nation as well! Good times are a-coming.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But today the Swedish army is nothing, really nothing, how many regiments did they cancel just last year?

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

The EU will be one country sooner or later anyway.

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

13. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Ya? And what about Estonia and Latvia (which are surely in EU), where there's Narva? (and assume Poltava battles and all others after Narva where ownage of Peter's army) :) Anyway, I think annexion of Finland in 1809, of Baltic in 1700-x taught Sweden not to exert too much pressure on Russia (and Denmark hadn't war with Russia until creating of relationships 500 years ago) :p
    Secondly, should 10-million peaceful IKEA country attack 140-million agressor with nukes, who stops providing gas when he thinks smth. is wrong because another's country president do not want to Putin's vassal? :)
    But... be welcome! I'm not against destroying of glorious-independent Baltic states as they opress Russian-speaking population.

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    "If you can't fight them, join them"

You know, along with Stockholm, Riga and Talinn used to be Sweden's largest cities. Why not let that be the case again? I'm pretty sure we'd make everyone speak Swedish though, be their ethnicity Russian or otherwise.

Also, we might still have a chance if said nukes are of Chernobyl quality. Gas my ass.

15. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I'm thinking along the lines of Newspeak :)

---

Anyway, we (the EU) should spend more on military, especially on nukes, should be quick with those freaking alternative energy sources and should solve the fucking decreasing population problem.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Riga and Tallin were cities primarily of Teutonean-Livonian Crusaders :p
    But prepare for activisation of Retch Pospolitaya (which is Lithuania and Poland combined), which would also like to take part along with Denmark, Russia and Sweden in new Northern War :) And as about Chernobyl, I'm pretty sure that either Moscow Principalty or Retch Pospolitaya would conquer poor Belorussian bastars by that moment :D

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chernobyl...people still live there. But if the armed forces walk through there they will probably get a radio-flu or something.

19. mathboy

mathboy New Member

20. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Me.

Our Host!