Friend of the Molochean Hand: Fix

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by jfkoski, Nov 24, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I'd wondered why Gideon Laier said the Molochean Hand would never bother me again, but they did. I investigated what you need to do get the reputation "Friend of the Molochean Hand" and found an error.

#1 You MUST have Joachim's book he leaves you in Stillwater.
    Talking to or having Torien Kel isn't going to cut it. Nor is having Kerghan's journal, although it will give you an extra dialog option.
    #2 "The Hand hasn't always been this way... " is the required dialog option to set the flag for him to believe you later.
    #3 There are several dialog options to get him to say "The hand will bother you no more" but what I call PATH 2 is broken (doesn't have the flags and repuation).
    #4 If he says you're safe "today" then he doesn't/won't believe you.

01903GideonLaier.dlg
    {103}{That's quite a story...[Tell him.]}{}{5}{}{115}{re +5}//FRIEND PATH 2

{115}{So...Arronax is coming back, and it seems that the Dark Elves are helping him to do so. [Anger flares in his eyes.] And once again, the Hand is being used for evil purposes. That will no longer be the case. [He glances toward the home of M'in Gorad.] And as for you. I am deeply sorry. The Hand will bother you no more...}{So...Arronax is coming back, and it seems that the Dark Elves are helping him to do so. [Anger flares in his eyes.] And once again, the Hand is being used for evil purposes. That will no longer be the case. [He glances toward the home of M'in Gorad.] And as for you. I am deeply sorry. The Hand will bother you no more...}{}{}{}{rp 1024, gf2476 1, gf2626 0}//ADDED FLAGS

You could add the three "rp 1024, gf2476 1, gf2626 0" to line 103 if you want instead.

Our Host!