Free games released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Packersfan30_3, Oct 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Packersfan30_3

Packersfan30_3 New Member

Recently Midway and THQ released a couple games free. They claim that they are supported by ads, but I've yet to see any in game. The three games are The Suffering, Area 51, and Full Spectrum Warrior.

Gamer's Hell links (Completely safe, tested by myself, Avast gives Area 51 a false positive.):
    THQ: Full Spectrum Warrior

Midway:
    The Suffering

Area 51

Filefront links:

Area 51

The Suffering

I haven't tried the Suffering yet, but it looks good. Full Spectrum Warrior was pretty good/alright, and Area 51 was complete rubbish. Enjoy!

Edit:
    More games released!

Filefront:
    Civilizations at War

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Thanks Grossenschwamm)

2. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

I recall playing The Suffering some time ago. It plays quite nice, once you get used to the typically quirky TPP controlls - also there's very little forced balancing, so if you're good at this kind of games, you can kick ass from the very beginning. As for the story - I didn't really feel it but it has some potential.

It has low requirements (runs fine on a radeon 7500), so it's a candidate for old laptops and such.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Midway also released Psi-Ops; The Mindgate Conspiracy for free. Honestly though, the controls are so hard to configure when you don't have a controller that I want my money back.

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

They're either just going out of business in general, or really ARE being supported by ads, because in the past 'The Suffering' has been completely unavailable even on Pirate Networks. You know a game is failing financially when even the Pirates don't bother.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Can't see why THQ should be so close to biting the dust, what with Warhammer 40K being so successful and all.

Our Host!