For those Australians amongst us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vorak, Mar 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Fortunately, Truman was not a general, he was president. Have you ever heard the phrase, "There's nothing quite so much like God on Earth as a general"? It's pretty much true. In the field, a general has more people than he can count trying to put his penis in their mouth. They have servants that do everything for them, they go where they want, they do what they want, and if they win battles, they become big celebrities back home. This is why it doesn't suprise me that Eisenhower or MacArthur wouldn't want to bring the war to a screeching halt.

Anyway, the estimates I heard said that an invasion and subsequent occupation of Japan would have resulted in around 200,000 American deaths.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

If not more, the Japanese were fully prepaired to fight until the last man woman and child had died for the Emperor. The nuclear bombings weren't just a way of saving soldiers lives, but a way of shocking the Japanese out of their 'win at all costs' attitude. Hiroshima and Nagasaki forced them to admit that they couldn't beat America.

3. Ditched Rosselli

Ditched Rosselli New Member

4. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

The bombing of hiroshima, sadly, was neccessary to end the war. For a number reasons.
    1. They needed a live test(not a good reason I know but a reason none the less)
    2. It was a quick solution to end a war that had been going on for far too long
    3. The japanese imperial propaganda machine, much like any nations at that time, basically said that if the americans were to invade they'd rape and pillage and do what people with absolute power do best.
    4. They were running low on options.

The war council wanted to continue but the emporer thankfully wouldn't allow any more deaths. Truly a horrible neccessity. Let us hope it never happens again, unless its everyone at the same time then I'm all for it!

As for GOD. I don't and I do. If he does, the I'm not worshipping him! This goes for the Devil as well. If I end up in any of their domains, I will see to it that they don't live out the next eon. By any means neccesary.

However logically I don't believe. People were stupid back then. All the miracles in any religeous text can easiy be misinterpreted by the idiot peasant. Not to mention the inaccuracy of the scipture due hundreds of reinterpretions and language chages that its all lost in translation. The viking religeon sounds fun but. To avoid Hels domains Ye'd havta kill your self or die in the field of combat and that probably isn't gonna happen.
    Further gods kind of do exist if you consider that they are actually a collective consciousness of the followers of there religeon. But that could also apply for other things as well. But I'll be damned if I have to become a piece of a greater thing. I am my own fuckin thing dammit! Not a gods little pawn he can move around for shits and giggles.

5. Jungle Japes

Your cohesive statements paint you as a man of intelligence Ogatai.

EDIT: That makes 666 posts.

6. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Shoot, couldn't you wait until I got the goats delivered?

8. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

You want him to have an eternity of pain and suffering when he dies?

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Japes vs Satan

I think that his advanced HoL training combined with his military experience gives him an edge in this fight.

10. Jungle Japes

11. Telcontar

He has been known to play dirty though. The US military led by Japes vs satan and his army of disturbed ghouls and demons. Screw Lord of the Rings!

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

If I didn't think the military would just take it from you I'd give you a space fighter.

13. Telcontar

You have a space fighter stored in you cave?

14. Dark Elf

Media:
    It's a fact known by very few that polar bears have the same flexible jaws snakes have, and that Blinky's impressive size was actually caused when he flew out in space and swallowed Space Shuttle Challenger.

15. Ditched Rosselli

Ditched Rosselli New Member

Are you telling me that Challenger was actually a secret prototype for the space fighter we would use to challenge the Scandinavian Neo-Viking Conspiracy for control of the gold and diamond mines on Mars?

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    We'll never know. But prior to 1986 Blinky couldn't fart laser beams.

17. Telcontar

So thats what I see in the Southern sky of a night.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

To say I 'ate' the ship is an over-simplification of my anatomy, but just about, yea.

I have several space fighters though, most of them are just out in space. Fighting, if you could believe that.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    Oh no, don't tell me you've mutated into the ultimate monster of really bad horror movies... the omnivore blob which consumes everything it touches, including bullets, neutron bombs and Michael Jackson's nose.

OMFG IT'S DESTROYING OUR FREEDUM!

20. Telcontar

Are you talking about the kind of corny monster not even Chuck Norris can harm?

Our Host!