Followers query

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Krull, Sep 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Krull

Krull New Member

I posted this query a couple of days ago but it seems to have disappeared, must have done something wrong.

Is there any way your followers can get apprentice, expert, master ratings? I did do a 'search' but only found references to taking the 'Educated' background. Is there another way? Thanks.

2. Blackwolf

Blackwolf New Member

Other than with an editor, no. The educator background isnt too bad though, if you dont mind having one less follower. Dog with 20 str, 5 melee(Expert), 5 dodge(Expert) and 18 in dex rocks! I suspect he'll add to dex more, and then at 20 in dex, Shabam! Lots more speed, wich means more hits, and man, that dog kicks monster behinds! He's nice when you want to break down doors and chests and stuff too :smile:

I think he's saved me almost as many times as dantes and virgils healing spells has.

By the way, if a npc follower dies, will virgil ressurect that one if he has ressurect?(wich he has in my gang btw)

3. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Probably since Virgil can also cure your other followers. I'm not sure with Magnus though.

4. Krull

Krull New Member

Followers query (2)

Thanks for the replies so far.

Blackwolf, how do you get Dog to join? Where can he be found?

Also, do I have to keep Virgil with me because, as I'm a techno dwarf, his healing skills doesn't seem to work on me. Can I ditch him to get Magnus? I ask as I'm unsure how vital Virgil is to the plot.

Incidentally, I want to keep Sogg as he's doing OK and I'm relucatnt to spend another 3 CPs on Charisma just so I can have Virgil and Magnus. Just realised something as I'm typing this, do I need Magnus if he's a similar character to myself?

Thanks.

5. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

You only need yourself. You can remove magnus from your team. About Virgil, well I haven't tried but I think you need either Virgil or Raven to talk to a character (I won't tell right now) so that he can give you a quest to find an item to... Anyway, I guess you can dump Virgil.

6. sgc_meltdown

sgc_meltdown New Member

I have it on good authority that you can talk to said fellow and get the quest without Virgil or Raven. But get Raven if you can. You know you want to.

7. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Okay, it was Nasrudin. I guess it can be a single player mode, mainly you, only.

Our Host!