First world problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jungle Japes, Jun 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

For about a year now I have been using a Wacom tablet monitor as my primary display. I decided today that I was tired of having to move my mouse and keyboard out of the way when shifting it into drawing position, so I rearranged my entire desk setup and pulled my old monitor out of retirement to serve as the primary, with the tablet on a separate desk where I can move it about without interfering with the peripherals. Now, after about two hours of moving desks and rerouting cables, I realize that I have been spoiled by the much superior color fidelity and contrast of the tablet, and I can no longer stand the sight of my old monitor, with its washed out colors and edge-bleed. Now I either have to move everything back, squint my eyes and deal with it, or buy a new IPS monitor.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you can give me any tips on linking my iPad 4 to a venerable, XP netbook?

I really want to play Arcanum and XCom apocalypse on a touchscreen.

Baldur's Gate doesn't lend itself to touchscreens, but I think Arcanum does.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Re:

Sorry, no. Different kind of tablet.

5. werozzi

werozzi Member

Fortunately, here in the third world i'm only owner of a shitty netbook whose screen is half torn and a nice monitor, so i don't need to worry for that kind of stuff.

Yet a similar thing has happened to me, whenever i plug my computer onto a screen, i realize that most of them, even some newish ones have a messed up color scheme, giving all colors in a too whitish/washed out way.
    Even a 2002 box monitor has given me a better quality than a 2011 flat screen.

JJ, I'd recommend you to buy a new monitor. at the right place you can get a brand new 23" hp monitor for around 110 dollars, or some second hand piece on optimal condition.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I sympathise with your first world problems Japes.

Recently I was given a mount to hold 2 monitors but have since found that my plan of buying one new monitor and using it alongside my existing one won't work due to the lack of the proper mounting points on my current monitor.

Thus I must have both monitors sit on my desk using up precious desk space.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I used my old CRT until my eyes watered from the horrifying blurriness. I then had to abandon my old life forever and buy one of them fancypants flatscreens.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

9. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Extra! Extra! Man's balls made of glass! Read all about it!

10. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

My story is very similar. The unwillingness/inability to accept change is definitely part of what keeps this forum together.

Our Host!