First new playthrough in years - how viable is this concept?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ChaunceyK, Jun 14, 2021.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK New Member

I've played a high Charisma summoner, commanding a veritable army of followers to do my fighting.

I've played as a cunning thief, stealing everything that wasn't nailed down & backstabbing my way through all those fun thieves guild quests.

I've played an evil necromancer, killing anyone I felt like & talking to their spirits after.

And now I wanna try something I haven't done before. I wanna play an unintelligent savage brute. I know I'll need <=4 IN to get the dialog choices, not a problem. But is it in any way possible to make a melee monster who can fight effectively barehanded? What I'm thinking of here is a King Kong wild gorilla type who could tear someone limb from limb, but still be able to get by in the towns without everyone going aggro on him at first sight.

I can't remember which items are available (it's been years since I played), but even if it's something wearable like brass knuckles instead of something I need to sheath like a sword or an ax, I'd be good with that. I know Half-Ogres can get up to 24 ST and 20 DX, and that I'd need to pump Melee and Dodge too. Oh, and I installed the UAP2.0.2 and enable Ogre as a playable race. Reckon he gets an even higher ST max, being pure Ogre?

Other potentially pertinent info is that I'm using my GOG version of Arcanum, through Gog Galaxy 2.0.37, and that I'd like to run Arcanum in a window rather than full screen.

Thanks in advance!

2. Barabbah

Barabbah Member

Once I've played a dumb half-ogre just to experience the alternate dialogs. It was quite an experience

3. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK New Member

Well, for those wondering, Kong (I named him Kong) is working out just fine. I went with an Ogre who Ran Away With the Circus. He's punching & kicking the crap out of everything. Already maxed out his ST, DX, Melee, and Dodge (I just need to run into some trainers for those extra boosts). But yeah, I'm having a great time playing as an oblivious beast.

Our Host!