Films...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Sep 27, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

Sigh. Not this nonsense again. It's like I'm being trolled by proxy. In fact, I was evidently set up for it before I even joined the forum. It was a pre-emptive troll by proxy. Truly, this was the work of a master.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Willem Dafoe's face is the stuff of nightmares, seriously visualising his creepy grin as I'm trying to get to sleep keeps me awake at night. Which reminds me...

Another film no human being should be made to watch is the Antichrist. Not only is it unnecessarily gross (a woman graphically snips her clit off with scissors) it's also just boring, a real chore to watch. Lars von Trier clearly thought the inclusion of enough shocking footage would make up for the lackluster story, sadly it doesn't.

3. Smuelissim0

Smuelissim0 New Member

I saw a Lars Von Trier film called "Breaking the Waves" when it first came out, and I found it rather dull and also kind of stupid. Then afterwards everyone was saying "Wow, that was amazing." And I was like "Huh? Did I miss something?"

Never watched another one since. So my advice is to avoid Lars Von Trier. But apparently I'm wrong.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

However, he did film BloodRayne, aka the film where Rayne shows her jubblies.

6. Grossenschwamm

You don't need to watch Bloodrayne to see Rayne's jubblies. She was topless in the October 2004 issue of Playboy magazine, as well as several other CGI women.

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

I was just about to say the same. Tit-lick!

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Wasn't Uwe Boll going to make an Arcanum movie or was that just wishful thinking?

9. Grossenschwamm

No. We did talk about that possibility here about three years ago when I brought up this petition. Boll said he'd stop making movies if he was given any petition with one million signatures. This one alone has 366k (after three years...), I don't know how close any others have gotten, or even if there were any others.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

He dresses up as a woman in The Boondock Saints. He's so fugly, that doesn't even work on paper.

11. Jojobobo

I just looked on google images, not pretty.

12. Grossenschwamm

Which is worse; that you see Willem Dafoe in drag, or that the guy in the movie who falls for the disguise calls him "Primo Box?"

13. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

That somebody fell for the disguise baffled me during my viewing of the film.

14. Jojobobo

So it's nearing Halloween, any good horror films?

I saw Don't Be Afraid of the Dark and Paranormal Activity 3 recently. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is a rather ridiculous horror film with farie-like creatures in and *shudder" Katie Holmes who is never the best of actresses; Paranormal Activity 3 was fine but I'd say the first two are better, particularly the second one.

Anyone got any interesting recommendations for horror films? I usually prefer to say in and watch horror films for Halloween rather than anything else so I'm always up for suggestions. I guess my recommendations would be Session 9 (as mentioned previously), An American Werewolf In London and the original Black Christmas - they're all pretty good and maybe not something that a casual horror film viewer has seen already.

Oh and also Monkey Shines, if you don't know why than this review should show you why.

15. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I liked "Låt den rätte komma in". It's relatively light on horror though. And I haven't seen the Hollywood remake.

16. Jojobobo

Yeah that is pretty good, I'd give it a recommendation too. Likewise I've yet to see the Hollywood remake but I heard it was more special effects and less story so I'm not overly bothered about seeing it, even if it is by Hammer.

17. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
  18. Jojobobo

You're not the Swedish MC Hammer and you never will be Smuel.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

John Carpenter's "The Thing".

20. Grossenschwamm

"The Ghoulies" - watch it for a laugh.
    "Rosemary's Baby" - Watch it for a laugh and a surreal sense of WTF. Directed by Roman Polanski.

Our Host!