FELT LIKE TELLING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Nov 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What is a good size family(# children)?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2003.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvara

Silvara New Member

It is, but I also like it as a name. I think it's Irish...
    Speaking of Irish names, how about Deirdre for a girl?

2. DarkChylde

DarkChylde New Member

actually Sleek, she isn't Moon Unit any more, she changed her name to something else. Shannon I think it is, or Sabrina, or something more normal. I dunno about Dweezil, I haven't ever heard anything about him.

3. Settler

Settler Member

Aye suppose this works better in making up new words than actual names, but aye find (note: this only works for those that can't touch type. Or better still, those that are mediocre at it, like me) that trying to touch type random words off books, CD covers and the like yields some nice results, especially if you want something wacky - this evening at a friend's place, aye happened to get 'Danferius' off a DVD cover...

4. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

True, true. But of course, she never was a fatass. Speaking of which, there are too many fat women in my country, and it pisses me off. Especially here in Upstate New York.

EDIT: By the way, Settler, what is "touch typing?" Sigurd has never heard of such a thing. Sigurd has decided to refer to himself in the third person to avoid the faggoty pidgen use of "me."

5. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Since Settler answered one of the questions directed towards me, |* am gonna return the favor. Touch typing is just typing by touch. Knowing where all the keys are so that you don't have to look at the keyboard. |* can't touch-type.

* this is not an "I"(this will get turned into a me sooon enough). this is a "|". that button under enter. If it get's turned into a "me" someone's going to die.

6. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Ah...Sigurd sees, and realizes that he should have figured that. Sigurd can touch-type. He is doing that right now, in fact. Sigurd doesn't know what he would do without the ability. He is also getting very irritated at the neccesity for third-person reference.

7. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Just omit the reference. Instead of "Sigurd sees, and realizes that he should have figured that." you could have just written "Yes, should have figured that." In that case, we know you're talking about yourself.
    Don't you realize irritating people was the point of that change? :roll:

8. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Si, Si. Suppose that would be better, wouldn't it?
    Don't you realize irritating people was the point of that change? :roll:[/quote]
    Well, obviously. Just wanted to emphasize my desire to beat Dark Elf with a stick.

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Not saying it's better - may or may not be. But it can be if you're tired of third person. Besides, speaking of yourself in third person looks queer.

10. Settler

Settler Member

Aye honestly have no idea why aye can't touch-type - while looking at the keyboard, my eyes generally don't do much at all...my fingers know where to go, but for some reason aye can't type quickly while looking away...

11. Wolf

Wolf New Member

ahem
    *points to post involving "|"*

12. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Quite right, quite right. By the way, are you sure you have lived in Uruguay all your life? Not only is your written English excellent, but you even use some slang that I wouldn't think you'd learn in class.

13. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Why, thank you!
    As a matter of fact, yes, I have. I've always been good at it, but also I love to read in both languages (which helps a lot), and as for the slang you can blame books and the Internet.

14. Settler

Settler Member

English would be incredibly hard to learn as a second language - but considering it's my first, aye love it. With no other language do you get the insane complexity that I tend to consider freedom - three times the words, not including the crap that gets made up every day. Aye never considered how loose English is until I learnt Japanese...

15. Wolf

Wolf New Member

Back to the topic of names. I was talking to my mum when I reaalised her first and second names were Moira and Jean. Moira is a variation of Mary and Jean a variation of Jane so that would make her name Mary Jane. You may or may not know what that is a nickname for. I notice these things, you see.

*Waits quietly and patiently for someone to call him an idiot.*

16. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

No. It is rather easy.

17. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

English, like any language, is easy if you start really young. I've been teaching English part time to adults for three years now. It's not easy for them. No, they aren't stupid. Actually, most of them are quite bright. It's just that when you are over 19, learning a new language becoems really hard. According to linguists, beginning English is very easy to learn for adult learners, but it is nearly impossible for an adult to get truly fluent in it. Spanish is similar -- though easier -- in that regard, mostly because of all the subjunctives. French and German are a contrast in that they have a steep learning curve in the beginning but don't really get harder as you move along.

18. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Four pages staying on topic - then we switch to this. On Spanish as a second language, the easy beginning, hard intermediate thing is definitely true in my experience. I've been taking Beginning Spanish Two this semester, and it's alot harder than one, which I suppose is to be expected. But I think that if I lived in a Spanish-speaking country for a few months, I could get pretty good. Two weeks in Guatemala a few years ago did wonders for my speaking.

Just so RP's topic doesn't get totally thrown by the wayside, have you decided on any names yet? If not, here are a few classic hillbilly names which you'd better not use:

Cletus
    Billy-Bob
    Billy-Ray
    Bob-Roy
    Elmer
    Earl (There's both an Earlville and an Earlton within fifty miles of my house, both as hick as you can imagine)
    Roscoe
    Hank

Marylou
    Bobby-Sue
    Sueann
    Luanna
    Ilene

19. Settler

Settler Member

Perhaps aye should've said that English is incredibly hard to master. That's more what aye meant.

Names, names...names...

20. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, I started English when I was about 5-6 years old, so it wasn't that hard. As for Spanish... well, I think it's more complicated than English. It's my native language, though, so I can't really tell.
    Sigurd - I don't think RP would have picked any of those anyway, if you check the ones he was considering they had nothing to do, but good of you to warn him nontheless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!