FELT LIKE TELLING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Nov 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What is a good size family(# children)?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2003.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I know that I have been gone for about a month (damn those semester finals) But I am back with some news that I thought was rather great:
    I just felt telling people. Don't know if anyone cares or not, but I thought y'all might not mind hearing. :)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Congratulations RPjunkie!

Well done! :peace:

As for your vote - does that really matter as long as you love them?

3. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Congratulations! :party: Any idea how are you going to name him/her?

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

congrats, i don't really have much more to though, im too buissy crying :cry: about the new avatar system.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Congratulations!!![​IMG]

Sorry, I mean [​IMG]
    Shall we have a nice big [​IMG] to celebrate?

6. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Since there are so many different people here at the HoL from so many different places. Perhaps y'all could help me come up with a few ideas for names. The rules are as follows:
    1) Must be a first and middle name (not nessecarily at the same time)
    2) They must sound good together
    3) Must specify gender of name(s)
    4) My wifey has final say/veto power on any name submitted (sorry!)

I need to come up with a list of five names for a boy and five for a girl. Last time we (my wifey and I) more or less argued about names for about 7 months. I did get to pick they name of my second child, but the decision was made after she was born, and my wife and I argued about it some more. So this time I shall start right away. I would like to have names figured out sonner than last time!

btw - for example my first two are:
    Emma Gabrielle, and Makenna Celestyn

thanks in advance for the help and suggestions :)

7. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Yay! Names are fun making...

You ever watch the Simpsons? Well...if you have, take some of those names that Bart prank calls Moe with, or something :p

Eh, or find some names that have meaning...you know...something that could describe them when they are older...don't pick boring names! Two sylabols!

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Man, do you seriously want to give your kid a complex right from the word go? Makenna Celestyn? Unless you're a celebrity, you can't get away with calling your kids names like that, and expecting them to be normal. Holy shit, what a way to cripple your child emotionally for life.

Regarding the whole news about the pregnancy thing...

Suck shit. You won't be getting as much as you could for the next couple of years will you? Or at least the next year. You're also going to have to go through the whole sleepless nights thing again, etc etc etc. You've been there twice before, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GOING BACK FOR A THIRD ROUND? You have to be masochistic or something.

I'm also going to do the obvious before anyone else - Richard Cranium. Granted the second name is a last name, but still, no reason why you can't make it a middle name.

9. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

nice thoughts on the names Jar. Wifey said:
    but really, I was rather serious about the name thing. I would like to get some serious names, but all other that provide a laugh will be enjoyed.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

hey, if its a gril ow about Cecelina Misselina

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, if you don't mind Latino names... María Cecilia.

12. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

RPJunkie (and those of you who aren't fluent in Jar-Speak), the above means "Congratulations. I'm just mad because at this moment I'm typing instead of screwing something. SomeONE. Some GIRL, I mean!! Yeah.."

Anyway, congratulations on the lil' bun in the oven. I know that, if my wife and I are blessed with children, that those will be the most fulfilling years of my laugh. Most exhaustive, but most fulfilling nonetheless.

My dad once told me, "The only mark a man can leave on this earth is through his children."

As for names, if it's a boy, I can't help you. I have no idea what to name a boy. Looking at the previous posts, it seems that girls have more interesting names, or are easier to name, or something. If I have a girl, her first name will be Bailey.¹ Bailey June, maybe.

¹This is for Jar, seeing as how this thread is getting a little too lovey-dovey for him. Lemme see if I can include him.... I first heard and fell in love with the name Bailey at my old job with my dad. She worked at John Deere, and I would get her sweet, soft, sooooothing voice on the other end of the phone occasionaly. She sounded hot. Probably a porker, though.

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

I'll give it a thought, but I suggest you use simpler names, preferably universal ones, that exist in more than one culture. Personally, out of female names, I've always liked Michelle- it exists in nearly all languages and cultures, sounds pretty and isn't hard to spell.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Go for something Jewish. No one would dare discriminate against a Jew these days.

15. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

No, certainlynot, what with all the synagogue bombings in Turkey and France.

I never like Michelle. The female Michael variation I always liked was Michaela. I always liked Massimo for boys. How about Roman for a boy. Cicily, or Cicilia, or Lisette, or Leona for agirl. Dunno why I'm on the Italian kick, but I think they have cool names. I really wish Ic ould in good conscience name a child something like Agamemnon, Xeno, or Thales, but it just wouldn't work.

Spohia, goddess of wisdom, was always a goodie.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Why is it always 'blessed with children'? Why is it never 'cursed with a million screams'. 'Swamped with a thousand dirty nappies' or something similar?

Man, what is it with the traditional American father passing on 'sagely' advice like that to their kids? Bullshit it's the only way - Hitler left a pretty damn big mark on the earth, and he didn't have any kids. A man with a nuke can leave a mark that'll last for a few thousand years (and possible make a good amount of people sterile) and all he has to do is push a big red button (no, not that one you sick fucks :)).

17. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I'm not a big fan of the whole double names thing, but I'll make a few suggestions. Congrats, by the way. I'm trying to think of all acceptable names I can and I suppose I'll start a running list.

Boys

-Kyle
    -William (with the nickname Will- hot guys are named Will.)

Girls

-Hope

Umm... that's all for now folks!

18. Quethim

Quethim New Member

I predict that Jarinor will die alone :p

Either that or he's going to end his part in the family tree :p

19. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Aint that the truth! I sure wouldnt fuck with the jews! They control EVERYTHING! the stock market, microsoft, our government, they even renovated all the world war 2 museums back in 1939 trying to get us to believe that the germans caused some ridiculous thing called the holocaust. what a lie!

As for the kids names, why not something nice and christian? like joshua, or adolph?

20. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Urgh, me either. Who wants to introduce themselves as 'Carly-Beth' or something like that? What a useless mouthful.

Why am I not surprised you said this? After practically being his slave for a week, you think you'd have learned your lesson, but apparently not...

Hmm, maybe I should change my name to Will. It'll probably turn you off the name, but that's the aim!

Please, Hope? How stereotypical can you get? If you're going to do that, you've got to name each child after an emotion. Pretty soon you'll have Hope, Joy and Valium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!