Fanmade modules

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by moonlight, May 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. moonlight

moonlight Member

I was thinking about fanmade modules here onthe site, and some random questions bumped itnto my mind:

first of all these modules are they compatible with the uap?

second I would appreciate if someone would tell me about the modules , what do you recommend for me to play?

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Virgil the pervert is quite entertaining, albeit a bit longish.

3. moonlight

moonlight Member

thanks for responding still I need to know the answers though. :)

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

1) Yes they are. The modules are virtually independant of the main game, which the UAP fixes.

2) The ones I enjoy are Lost Dungeon of Souls, Vormantown, Dusty Dunes, Tomb of Tol Guldur, and Doomsday.

The storylines:
    LDoS - A friend of yours needs your help to save his town and daughter from a bloodthirsty, sorcerous queen.
    A bit of a grind-fest but there is a couple spots where you have to use your brain - (like how to keep the daughter alive.....). The game has two possible endings, so choose your path well.

Vormantown: A gnome named Merton K. Vorman has built an utopian town on an island in Ivory Lake. But things are not well in utopia...
    Another grind-fest with long-winded areas to clear of monsters, but it's it's got a nice magick/technology conflict mystery to solve.
    Just for laughs, talk to a fellow named Shackleford as a dummy. The dialog is a hoot.

Dusty Dunes - Repaired version: Franklin Payne is at it again! This time, however, he's in need of supplies that only you can deliver.
    Virtually unplayable in it's original version, team_a created a nice repair patch for it (version 1.1), so be sure to add it before you start.
    Worthy of playing due to short adventures, a mental challenge with a tree, and one of the few three-way conversations in the Arcanum world.
    BTW: Dumb players get a side-quest not available to more intelligent ones.

Tomb of Tol Guldur: On an island in the middle of nowhere, the locals are having a problem with angry spirits. Solve the mystery so the souls can rest in peace.
    A translated version of a French module, this is a thinking-man's game. Although it can be played as a dumb character, you need to stay alert or you just might miss something important.

Doomsday: An evil, insidious force is rising - threating to take over the land, and only you can stop it..... Sound familiar? What will be even more familiar is the names of some of the people you'll encounter. I don't want to ruin it for you, but it's worth playing just for that Ah-ha! moment.
    BTW: It is a well-done adventure with more than one possible outcome.

5. moonlight

moonlight Member

cheers rroyo thanks for your help, you are too kind to take time in answering my questions, again thanks for your help.

pst : doomsday has two versions ,must i download both or just one, and if both wich one should i install first?

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Version 1.1 is the one to use. The 1.0 really should have been sent to the archives.

Our Host!