Fallout II

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darkwalker, May 21, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Is there anyplace where I can increase strength, agility, intelligence, etc? Something similar to the operations the BoS doctor provided?

Secondly, the toxic cave where you rescue that idiot gecko trapper has a generator that must be repaired, once the generator is up and running, does the elevator require a security badge to open it? I found a yellow one at a helicopter crash site and I am hoping this will grant me access. If that's not correct any help would be appreciated.

Lastly, where can I pick up a dog and what does it want in return for joining me? I found a ghoul village with a couple dogs who just hang around the junkyard, can they be recruited?

http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html I found a good walkthrough.

2. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

1. During the course of the game you will find modules (one of each kind except LUCK), you will be able to use them later to gain extra point of S.P.E.C.I.

2. After fixing the generator you will need electronic lock-pick, after successful opening prepare for tough fight especially for low level character.

3. There is no dog per se to join in fallout 2, but there is a special encounter with the characters from the previous game and there is Dogmeat, maybe he can join you, personally I never try it. Also there is a second special encounter with the dog, but if I remember correctly your charisma goes down if you accept his services (I killed that bastard so I don’t know if he follows you everywhere).

3. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

Dogmeat will join you at the cafe of broken dream's if you have a leather jacket.

The second dog is some kind of unlunky dog which is easy to kill at first, but if you let it follow you youre luck will go down permanently.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, you get the Jinxed trait as well...but if the dog dies in combat after a certain (unknown) period of time, your luck actually gets set to 10! Oh, and you lose the Jinxed trait.

There are also several robotic dogs you can pick up as followers - one in NCR, one in Navarro. There's also isn't an endurance module. The charisma one is in Navarro, strength in Vault City (good luck getting it though), and the two others of perception and intelligence I forget where they're located, but one is at the Sierra Army Depot.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Didn't know about this one.

But to put it plainly, they suck monkey balls.

By the time you can make use of that module you'll be equipped with PA mkII which gives you 10 strenght making opening the doors an automatic success.

IIRC, the intelligence is in SAD, and the perception one is in the old Military base.

6. backstabber

backstabber New Member

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Since it was declared that you could talk about whatever you want in General Discussion.

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Boo-yah, mutha-fucka. Jarinor as mod kicks ass.

I hope that all is forgiven, meaning my recent blasphemous remarks regarding The Fallout Series. I have re-installed FO and am currently at work, with toothpicks propping open my eyelids, because I stayed up till 3:00 in the morning playing.

9. backstabber

backstabber New Member

maybe we should open up a fallout discussion room??

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Maybe if you want to do that you can go to DAC, NMA or any of the other dedicated Fallout forums there.

11. backstabber

backstabber New Member

exactly my point.
    if you want to talk about fallout, go NMA and other fallout sites.
    here, talk about arcanum

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Backstabber, read the forum description. No wait, I'll explain it for you:

Which basically means you can even talk about toe fungus in here. Except Arcanum hints and tips.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hey, I've got a better idea. Go fuck yourself, the unfortunate people who spawned you, the unlucky people who spawned them and never come back.

14. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

NO NÃ’ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You have found a walkthrough. I said you should not, now you have robbed the game of all that is fun and beautiful. Seriusly the game is ten times more fun if you don't play it with a walkthrough. A walkthrough is onøy recomended after you have comepleated the game five or six times. Fallout is so deep that it inly gets boring when you have tried it so many times.

Try playing with a stupid char the speech options is hillarious.

We are having a little fallout chat herer nothing wrong with it, happens every year or so when the fallout cravings gets to bad.

No the elevator does not require a security badge, but there is a nasty robot down stairs so watch out.

Now for my own questions how do i get the ekstra mission in fallout tactics.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

16. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Jar, you need to relax, seriously.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

When the idiots who plague all of existence go home and die, then I'll give it a thought :D.

18. Gabriel Knight

Gabriel Knight New Member

That'll take too long.Which one do you wanna borrow, my rifle or my flamberge.

19. Skane

Skane New Member

yes they do.

you can get it early with a couple of buffouts, and a crowbar. Just be sure to save 1st if you don't want the door to get stucked, or if you don't to be addicted to buffouts.

You could also get a random +1, +2, or -1 permanently to your Luck in from the Hubologist in NCR. You must have a high intelligence or a high speech to get this. And I also heard you could get a +1 to INT, +1 to LCK, or -1 to LCK from a Hubologist in San Francisco though I haven't tried it.

20. Skane

Skane New Member

C'mon Fallout games are Arcanum's older cousins. Or half-brother since they have the same fathers.

Our Host!