Fallout 2 Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Oct 22, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Fallout 2 has been causing all sorts of problems for me recently.
    I decided to resume playing after not doing so for a couple of months. However, my savegames had somehow gone bad.
    I didn't really care, I wanted to start over anyway.
    So, I have been playing again for a little while. Things have been good. None of the myriad bugs have caused any real problems.
    However, now when I try to run the game I get this message:
    I have 903 MB free on the default drive, with windows and such.
    I have 1556 MB free on the games drive.

I am going to run Norton now, hopefully it will tell me that it is some obscure FO2 virus, which it will cure. I can only hope.

While I am talking about my computer, here is what my desktop looks like:
    Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

2. xento

xento New Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with running a Mac OS. What's the point?

Unless you are using some Mac style for XP...

Anyway, I've heard of problems like this before, but I'm not sure what the fix is. I think there is something about the Fallout programming language only comprehending hard disk drives to be 2Gb max in size, but I'm not sure how to fix this...

3. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

A good idea would be

You should try the No Mutants Allowed forums. It has a dedicated forum for Fallout technical problems. I am not saying this will solve your problem but maybe you'll want to give it a whirl. Also in the NMA site, you will find the latest (fan-made) patch. It is a patch that adds a lot of content that Blackisle removed because they deemed it incomplete. The fans finished it and fixed some bugs that the 1.02d patch didn't solve. It's current version is 1.05.

www.nma-fallout.com

Search in the technical forum for help with your problem and try the Fallout Modding and Hacking questions for information on the 1.05 patch. Cheers and I apologize to the mods for what could be considered advertising.

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Thank you very much Aries, I looked around there, and found how to fix it.

Our Host!