Expansion thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dabrinko, Jun 6, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dabrinko

Dabrinko New Member

Hey, Arc is a heaven for expansion, given the customisability of the engine.

I was wondering over dinner...

What would they do to magick?
    Add colleges?
    Add spells?
    Both?

Tech and Melee isn't so hard.
    Add another discipline
    Add a huuuuuge load of new weapons and schamatics.

But I wonder what they will do to Magick...

2. Aldin

Aldin New Member

One thought I had had was to have an Egyptian, Native American, or Asian spell set.

3. Wojit

Wojit New Member

People thinking about expansions before the game is even out... Geeze...

4. Zen

Zen New Member

No battle is won without precautious and ambigious planning Wojiit! :wink:

- Zen

5. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I already sent in an idea to the arcanum team on something for an mp expansion

6. toblix

toblix New Member

They'll probably get right on it.

7. Magao

Magao New Member

Actually, you won't be able to add new spells.

You will be able to add new tech items and schematics, but they will have to use existing artwork.

8. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Hey Magao!
    Actually, we're discussing whay TROIKA can do for the sequel, not what we can do in the mods. But I do want to recognize that you're absolutely correct on the mods.

9. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

i wonder though, how they would solve the character progression. would they give us more to chew, more spells, higher tech schematics, and other level on each skill, or will they simply let it be, and only give us more CP's to evolve.

the later imo might be pretty bad, as character would prehaps get to many % of the total CP's that can be spent on stats and skill, thus making the options less for character creation.

on the otherhand it might be just as good, personally i might grow a little annoyed over the fact that my master mage, wouldn't have achived the highest levels in his profession through the first game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeypunch on 2001-06-07 17:59 ]</font>

10. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

There wasn’t any expansion to Fallout series why should be to Arcanum. Personally I would rather have new game than the expansion pack.

That is my two gold pieces :wink:

11. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

I'd rather have my mp expansion idea

That would be mad fun, it would almost be like an mmorpg (no flaming please) but major differences, we the player would have to upkeep the world and keep the peace and all, we would have to roleplay responsibly and everything, one of the terms for playing would be a little something like so (this is what i'm suggesting to troika)

"I the player promise to roleplay responsibly and play my character out truely and not go around senslessly killing like some hormonally inbalanced kid."

12. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

well i'm not sure if the graphic engine will cope with a arcanum2 a year( or two)after arcanum have been released, but perhaps a expansion will. so thus a expansion pack might be sweet, and perhaps a cash cow.

13. stravaig

stravaig New Member

Subject:
    it made my ignorance buzz

Once we see the full game, I'm sure we could come up with some more cool ideas for an expansion.
    Maybe it could include or revolve around 'the Void' (mentioned on the soundtrack), or around zeppelins or something.

As for magick & tech, yeah, they could add a new college or discipline (I'm sure there are tons of ideas they left on the 'cutting room floor' as it were).
    I think it'd be fun to see something totally new, too. Like Divine Magic. It'd be separate from Magick and Tech. Maybe it'd just allow you to apply Blesses and Curses and use lots of Fate Points or something fun like that.
    What they wouldn't really have time for is anything that would require them to go through the game and adjust a lot of NPCs or dialogue or something (so I doubt they'd be able to add female half-ogres or something like that).

- Stravaig

Our Host!