Ellen Feiss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tzehoong, Sep 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

that's the point right there how many have ever built a mac or replaced their mainboard processor in the old one? hmmmm?

people say that it is stable, ok maybe it is, I know linux is and linux is getting so user friendly the only real argument left for not using it as a sole os is that sooooooooo many games are not ported to it or usable under wine. That's the only reason I still have a windows os left.

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

DU, I thought you said that this commercial never aired ?

I saw it the other night while watching "Firefly"*

*which is a very random, yet amusing, show

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

4. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

I just saw this commercial tonight. She's a brain-dead twit who should definitely be spayed - er, given a hysterectomy - quickly before she has a chance to breed.

5. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Ah, in a perfect world....

But alas, far from a perfect world, you and I are in Arkansas and South Carolina, respectively: where women like that reproduce like industrial-grade baby machines. Gooooo USA!

6. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

:rofl: And if South Carolina is anything like Arkansas... they start early too! Several kids by age 16-18 is not unusual! GADS!

7. Windmills

Windmills New Member

There's a girl that lives right next door from me, who recently had her 2nd child. ...She's 14 years old. Her mother (now grandma twice over) is 29.

While we're on the subject, my husband, who has to do rotations at the county hopsital (read: medicare/welfare cases) once told me about a patient who was in her late 20's with 7 children, and was proudly bragging that each of those 7 children had a different father.

Ellen Feiss just needs to find that right guy with a rifle in the back of his pickup truck, and she's got it made!

8. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Hmmm..... Do I sense a bit of regional-racism? (What's the word for that, Sheriff Fatman? I'm at a loss.)

It's just that, I just returned from a social function with my parents and family this weekend, that included people from several states. There were a few Yankees there who made the comment that all Southerners are uneducated and stupid. Also, one Yankee was observed giving a book about the legacy of the south to another, and mockingly saying, "You need to read all about this."

You know what? I'm going to shut-up. Not going to get my dander up.

Also, I kinda doubt some of those numbers, Windmills.

[Edit]Besides, it's not like that is the norm in the south. Those kind of people are looked on with disdain. ALSO, it's not like that happens JUST in the south.

9. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Retard, don't get yer dander, up, hon! I agree with you! Not everyone is like that in the south! I obviously know that, since I'm getting *educated* over here. If I had no confidence in my educators, I'd have bailed from SC long ago. It's just that the particular neighborhood (read: cheap rent)where I live in, is ripe with underaged, unwed mothers and absent fathers, so it gets annoying at times, being surrounded by rowdy, drunken debauchery day in, day out (but then, being a college student - I should have grown accustomed to it, no?). I obviously understand it exists everywhere. (Ellen Feiss is in California, for example, and I note the same amount of idiocy in her, even if she isn't southern)

It's not regional racism - it's stupid racism. I'm biased against stupid people. Those exist everywhere, agreed. The particular *brand* of stupid people I come in contact with on a daily basis, happen to reside here in SC, though - thus my personal experiences lean to that.

The numbers are correct hon - those neighbors are only all too proud to show me their babies, and brag about their ages, like it's some sort of accomplishment. And the patient my husband had, I'm pretty sure my DH was telling me the truth about that.

Relax, retard. No need to get into an argument. This is the Ellen Feiss thread, after all. i.e. - it's all in fun. ;-)

10. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

No, not all southerners are stupid. In Arkansas, it's just the 29% that don't have high school education... and 11% (over 140,000) that don't even have 8th grade educations.

:p

(Those numbers were posted in the Jonesboro Sun on 9/28/02, just for reference)

11. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Given my own experiences and hearing associated stories, I can only come to the conclusion that the American Education System is shocking.

Let's see some statistics (offline source):

1. Only 55% of Americans know the sun is a star.

2. Before September 11 last year, 12 million Americans could not name Washington DC as the capital. Quite shocking for a country that has it's own history as a subject of it's own at schools and universities.

3. 22% of Americans are functionally illiterate.

4. (Just for fun) The Humane Society claims that each year 100 000 dogs die after falling out of the back of pick-up trucks.

12. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Yeah, I agree, and I was educated here. I like to consider myself fortunate to have had some wonderful teachers over the years, augmented by an insatiable appetite for books...

Sounds plausible enough, but I'd be willing to wager that similar figures can be dredged up for most any country...

...and of those, 66.295% occur in Arkansas! (The rest in Georgia, Mississippi, and Tennessee)

13. Windmills

Windmills New Member

Indeed, but only because the dogs in the pickup trucks over here in South Carolina get saved from imminent death by the huge confederate flags waving from the backs of said trucks.

14. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Only in America could a state named "Arkansas" be pronounced "Arkansaw".

15. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Even better - do you know that it is actually a state law that it be pronounced that way?? It's on the books, really!

16. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Why can't it be spelled Arkansass? Sounds like Arcane Ass. OMG! It must be the home of sheriff's All Knowing Ass!

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If I ever visit, I'll be sure to pronounce it Ar-kan-sas, and repeatedly insist that they are the ones pronouncing it incorrectly, despite the fact I'm a tourist and they're a resident.

I hope I never have a reason or desire to visit Arkansas.

18. Milo

Milo New Member

If you want to piss them off, Jar, call it Arkantucky.

It's too bad that the south has such a stereotype attached to it. I saw some documentary the other day about the Hatfield and McCoy fued and how it was sensationalized. The northerners really ate that tabloid shit up and used it to reinforce their feelings of superiority. It's a shame, really...

That's more of the "Stupid Hillbilly" stereotype, though. The other southern one is more flattering. The one about hospitality and chivalry and all that. Refined southern belles, etc. Vivian Leigh... "Ah don't know nuffin bout birfin no babies!"...

19. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Yeah, Milo, that is a more flattering stereotype. Unfortunately, I've lived in the south for 3 years now and have yet to meet any of those "southern belles" or encounter any of that hospitality... In fact, having lived in every corner (and the middle) of the country, I have to say: I've rarely met so many rude and crude people as here (only New York/New Jersey seems to top it for sheer concentration of rude people).

The "stupid hillbilly" stereotype, while exaggerated, seems closer to the truth than one would think. Too many Bibles, not enough free-thought here for my taste.

Arkansas: 1.5 million people. 22 last names.

20. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Excuse my thread digging but where on the net can I find this advert? I tried all the links from this thread, tried to look for it on my own (but like in case of every new phenomena I got tons of bullshit pages).

EDIT - no matter I finally found it. It's very funny I still have her image in my mind while (pip pip pip pip) writing this post :rofl: I just wish it were longer than 30sec. Lol anyway, the only bad thing is the size (5MB). Still it was worth it.

Our Host!