Elder Joachim and Game Time

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Serak Vulnar, Dec 11, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Serak Vulnar

Serak Vulnar New Member

Where is the Elder Joachim? And does the game time and date really mean anything. I've been playing for several game years, am level 34, finally found Still Water yesterday after leaving the wheel clan, didn't get a quest to find the stonecutters, was told to find quintarra. I feel like my character will be old and grey before I ever manage to cross the mountains.

2. Caleb

Caleb New Member

Hello, Serak.

Well, Elder Joachim stays in the Panarii Temple, you still have to pass some more adventure to find him, so don´t worry, when you go to Roseborough I think you´ll have a new place to go, that old Temple I mentioned.
    More...
    The Stonecutter Clan appears when you go to the Wheel Clan (I think) and talk to Thrayne Iron Heart (or so) and he tells you to find his lost brother and then tell him to come back home.

So, don´t get mad, and don´t worry your character is possibly still strong enough to run some more adventures!!!! :grin:

Bye!!!

:D

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Oh now you're just making things up aren't you. Where exactly is this temple where Joachim spends his free time? I've only met him once, and he found me, not the other way around, and it certainly wasn't in a temple....

What have I missed?

4. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Old temple you mentioned? Might it be the temple in caladon? or the temple in tarant? or maybe its the temple in shrouded hills, fill me in here...

5. Lagash

Lagash New Member

???

There're just two ways to encounter Joachim and it happens just once.

If you're good, in the basement (I'll just say that... *cough*spoil*cough*)
    And if you're evil, in the entrance of Caladon after you slaghter Stillwater people... but you'll see why you'll meet him just once.

6. Serak Vulnar

Serak Vulnar New Member

Thanks for the info on the Elder Jaochim. About the other question, does the passage of time in the game matter as far as the storylines goes? Heck, I'd been all over the place, been to the Ilse of Despair, rivived the Kel guy, and have played many game years cuz I walk everywhere and rarely use the trains. I just found Stillwater a few days ago. It'd been like 4 game years since I got the telegram in Tarant telling me to go there. I'd almost forgot about the Molochean Hand and Elder Jaochim in my pursuit of the BMC Dwarves. Just wondering if I'd used up too much time.

7. Canis

Canis New Member

No, there doesn't seem to be a time limit on anything, really. Well, for the firearms master quest you'd better get your behind over to the barn straight away, but otherwise time doesn't really matter. I mean, if you're not a mage with Teleportation you WILL be spending years on this quest....

What ticks me off though is that my character sheet always says I'm 20, no matter how many years have passed. Pfft.

Our Host!