Editing Virgil's stats

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by William Blake, Jul 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. William Blake

William Blake New Member

Hey, its time for a new visit in Arcanum but I would like to make some tweaks to Virgil.

I can use the follower Editor to set a new levelup scheme for him but I cant re distribute his level 1 status points.

1. How do I remove his "light healing" spell
    2. Can I create my own levelup schemes ? How
    3. Maybe the follower edit isnt working right, what can I do with it what not?

2. William Blake

William Blake New Member

I looked into the .dat files (arcanum 1-6.dat) and many files are more then once present. Which one must I edit ? all duplicate files or just the one in the highest package ? e.g. arcanum6.dat

[​IMG]

it looks like this with arc edit, doesnt seem right, especially cause their no necro white values >0

3. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Highest package. I find it best to simply merge them all into one file and over-write the lower packages with the files from the higher ones. Don't forget the Arcanum.dat in the modules folder (if it exists for you) and also the Arcanum.PATCH1 and .PATCH2 etc.

I wouldn't trust the program without verifying the values manually. I believe there is a way to change level schemes. I vaguely recall somewhere in the Arcanum dat a file that had dev comments about allowing the player to enter in their own custom level scheme....hmmm....I'll go have to see if I can find that.

Found it in ArcanumDat\Mes\userlevelname.mes

Not sure if that file is actually functional, however.

GameLevelName.mes also appears to contain the names of the Level Schemes. No stats, however. These appear to just be descriptors. Perhaps they correlate to another file or some piece of hard-code?

4. Contemptus

Contemptus New Member

"I wouldn't trust the program without verifying the values manually. I believe there is a way to change level schemes. I vaguely recall somewhere in the Arcanum dat a file that had dev comments about allowing the player to enter in their own custom level scheme....hmmm....I'll go have to see if I can find that. "

You can in fact edit follower level up schemes, but the last time I had this information was probably 3-4 computers ago. I came to this forum after many years away, after getting the itch to play again in the last week or so, but wanting to make sure Virgil didn't waste any points on lockpicking!

I'm in the process of tracking it down, I'll post if I find it.

Edit: Found it!

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/view ... 8&forum=11

That post seems to have the information needed to edit follower levelup schemes. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of arcundat.zip? The Terra-arcanum link is dead.

Edit #2: The undat utility is still available on T-A, it just got moved.

Our Host!