Edge of Twilight

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by floyd, Jun 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. floyd

floyd New Member

2. Biges

Biges New Member

Looks interesting. I wonder if the game make it also to the PC market. And if it is not another combat-RPG crap :-/

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Always wondered what Bronswick's gun would look like with a blade attached. Have no idea what the story of this game will be however the steampunk theme does look cool. Unfortunately it will probably be one of those hack and slash games where you think you have control of whats going on till you complete it and realise the freeform part of the game was being able to walk around town.

4. floyd

floyd New Member

Agreed. The setting looks pretty goddamn sweet. The game will, unfortunately, not be a RPG, but rather a 3rd person hack-'n-slasher à la Devils May Cry. :(

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The last minute or so of the music in that trailer was definitely inspired by Arcanum.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I found the music throughout reminiscient of Arcanum.

First and foremost, I am attracted to the steampunk genre. It is only fortunate that Arcanum has elements of fantasy, engaging character development, and an incredible story. As a steampunk RPG, Arcanum is totally satisfying.

I always look forward to the next steampunk experience. I don't think this Edge of Twighlight loses anything by being a hack-and-slash twitch/gore fest as opposed to an RPG. We've already had a steampunk RPG, why not open up to a new genre of video game? That said, Edge of Twilight seems to have too much flare for my particular tastes; too much punk and not enough steam. I'd still give it a whirl, though.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Every now and then a steampunk game enters the market. Apart from Arcanum though, practically every title in recent years has been absolute shit. I had high hopes for Silverfall, but people keep telling me that it's awful beyond compare.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Edge of Twilight is being developed in Canberra. I note this only as a way of saying 'hey, sometimes we make very cool shit'. Because this game actually looks like it's gonna rock.

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I'll have to find out where in Canberra so I can walk in there when I head back down in a week to give them some storyline pointers.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Let me know how that goes. And ask if they need someone who can write actual dialogue. I have been playing some games with nauseatingly bad dialogue lately.

(Not to mention the Tsujatha mod for BGII. It's not hot, it's not romantic, the guy is a blood-drenched psychopath and it's fucking creepy. Plus you jump right from 'you are moderately interesting and I would like to learn a little about you and your world' to 'you have made all the hurts of my past melt away and I want to fuck you like an animal'. Then add the annoying flavour of 'virginal sex GOD' and it becomes a foul stew that makes me want to vomit.)

Our Host!