easing equations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silverforce, May 22, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Magao

Magao New Member

Ratster wasn't the only person who got a reserve seat for the beta - I did too. There were about 20? of us who got pre-selected.

Pre-selection basically involved useful participation on the boards (which at that time primarily meant the VN board, as the Sierra board was still in the process of establishing itself). We were asked if we *wished* to be in the beta, and I know of at least one person who declined.

As I read it, the idea was twofold:

1. It was a reward for people who had been especially helpful on the board(s);

and (more importantly)

2. It was expected that those who already had an abiding interest in the game and had demonstrated it would be most useful in beta testing the game.

Now, getting this back on topic, I decided to start replaying Fallout 2 for the umpteenth time today :) I decided to go for a combination I'd never gone for before, just to see how it would work.

S 6
    P 1
    E 1
    C 10
    I 3
    A 9
    L 10

Skilled
    Sex Appeal

Tagged Energy Weapons, Melee Weapons and Speech.

I've never played a dumb but charismatic character before (I've played dumb, uncharismatic, brute-force). I wanted to see how it affected gameplay, dialog choices and character interactions. I chose a 3 Int though so I would only need to use one Mentats when I wanted non-dumb dialog options. I added Sex Appeal just to enhance some reactions :) I also tagged speech just to see if I *could* use it with dumb dialog options ...

Interesting so far. It is so much easier getting into the Vault in Vault City when you're dumb :) Might see how Miria and Davian react to this character ... nothing happens with a dumb, uncharismatic character, but I expect Davian to go for a dumb, charismatic one (Miria won't of course).

DRAGON SLAVE!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magao on 2001-05-26 07:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magao on 2001-05-26 07:06 ]</font>

2. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

Spook: Yes I got into the gambling hall, and that house across the street is easy to get into

3. Spook

Spook New Member

How did you get into the gambling house and the house across city hall in NGR? :???:

They never wanted to let any of my characters in, though my combat monster got in when he massacered NGR (but that don´t count). :wink:

4. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

5. Spook

Spook New Member

Hey, I had that with one of my favorite characters, and I still didn´t get in (even had cult personality).

Wail, my computer hates me! :sad:

Oh well, any other idees what it takes to get you in? :wink:

6. Magao

Magao New Member

To get into the gambling hall in NCR requires ... (big surprise here) ... high gambling skill.

I've only ever gotten into the councillor's house when what I presume is a bug turns off all the barriers in NCR. There's nothing there really anyway ... couple of guards, 1 person who is completely unimportant.

7. Spook

Spook New Member

Gambling skill?
    Oh my, I thought they wanted me to lose. :wink:

8. Jureel_Krix

Jureel_Krix New Member

LOL Actually its a mini-quest, you have to do it for the bishops, you kill the guy and he is rather important

Our Host!