dynamite

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Feldon Kane, Feb 26, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Which is why it's not worth the points to go past explosive grenade in Explosives.

2. Frewball

Frewball New Member

I used dynamite to kill the thieves guarding the Shrouded Hills bridge, but it was difficult. I had Virgil wait over by the town, then I set a fuse just to the south of a certain tree that is due west of where the thieves are. Then I got Lukan and friends to attack me, ran back over to the area, and had to pass the dynamite just before it blew.

It took many tries, but when I finally succeeded it felt great. It killed all three of them at once, and left me unharmed.

3. gamenut

gamenut New Member

Now I understand why they call him "Witless".

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Which one?

The only time I've managed to use dynamite to kill was in the sewers of Tarant. I had too weak of a character and Dog was doing most of the work. Til I hit the room with the Muckwalkers. Turns out Dog couldn't go through the shutters but neither could the muckies. I tried hit and run a few times and noticed they would mill around the door for awhile. So I got their attention again, ran through the door and set the dynamite. It killed two of the three and the last one went down with two shots.

But let me warn you the game did not like that at all. Major slowdown like it caused a memory leak til I left the area.

5. Tweek

Tweek New Member

How do you use dynamite? i have some (i dont remember where i got it, and I want to use it to kill the bandits that guard the bridge in the shrouded hills (i sold my grenades like an idiot) i tried to put them in my hand and click on one of the ogres but i dont throw them. i also tried clicking on the ground but that just puts it on the ground then they kill me. Anyone use dynamite to kill these guys know how to do that?

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Dynamite is mainly for use on objects like safes and metal doors. It takes awhile for it to go off so its not too useful in combat and placing near someone is considered an attack.

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I did the Master Firearms quest with dynamite. Placed it outside the hut where the gang was, got their attention, then ran out and KABOOM!! Only took out 2 of them though.... Although it was easier with some of them dead.

I also note dynamite has been altered with patch 1074. In 1070, you could put dynamite in your belt and then click it and click on the map and plonk! There it was. Now, since patch 1074, your PC actually has to walk over to the post to place the dyanmite, no instant appearing.... :sad:

Our Host!