Dynamite (item or script)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Hunter, Aug 4, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Has anybody seen dynamite when it is lit, or does it just turn into a script attached to a location. People talk about trying the fallout trick of planting dynamite and not being able to do it. Has anyone even been able to light dynamite and pick it back up.

In the demo I turned invisible and tried to just use dynamite on a guard. He just kept on walking. When the dynamite went off it was on the square I placed it not the guard.

So it seems to me that there is just a script attached to a tile after dynamite is used and not a lit dynamite item.

(I wish it weren't so, so I've someone knows otherwise please tell me)

2. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

This is probably a stupid question, but did you actually try to put it in his inventory?

There is a tread of this going on at another forum. And I think Jason McIsaac is working on this as well. Maybe he will have theasnwer in one of his later posts.

/PeeCee

3. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

i believe that you must pick pocket it in, like in fallout.

activate the dynamite, and then do a pick pocket, and move it over to the victim... er, something like that *g*

4. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Active Dynamite

What I'm complaining about is once the dynamite is active there is no item to pick his pocket and plant with.

Has anyone seen the active dynamite as an item.

5. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Can't say that I have. I don't use the dynamite that much. I prefer the stealth method.

/PeeCee

6. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

can't remember, i think i do remember seeing it enlighted if dropped at the ground.

if used on an object, no, then to my memory i can't remember seeing it.

7. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Jason mcIsaac have recieved the same question and will try to sort it out.

I believe that dynamite works the in the same way as traps. When you drop them on the ground they are primed. Atempts to pick them up will set them off. Don't know if this will be the same in the full version. But my money is that it will. Doubt they did to many changes after the release of the demo.

/PeeCee

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I tried it again

Well, I tried it again and don't think it is possible. There is a little burning fuse dynamite animation on the ground, put I can't pick it up. It just sits there for a while then explodes.

Our Host!