Dwarf with a throwing wep and explosives profession.Problem!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Cooto3s, Sep 16, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Okay so I made this dwarf, and I wanted to use explosives on him. So I decided to use a throwing wep, you know why. Though I noticed that my damage sucked. What stat increases the damage of throwing weps? I cant find it anywhere in manual. Not dexterity.. Perception? Strength? I mean if you got more strenght then you might be able to throw it harder eh? :p

EIDT: Also, I'd like one of those level cap hacks. I've checked out the ones on the site but they have changed the XP/lvl ratio and pretty much doubled it. And since I really don't know how much XP there is per level in the normal game it's kinda hard to set. Anyone?

2. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

As far as I know there is no way to up the damage. You have to get a high speed weapon and lots of DEX to hit more times per round. That's about it. Magical throw weapons are usually the only usefull ones I have ever found.

I suppose if you want to go tech put some points into melee until you get your exposives up and then start throwing. Good Luck.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

As said before, with throwing weapons, speed is the most important factor. Well, in most cases anyway. Speed and accuracy.

Get your master training quickly (you will need two teleport scrolls if you want to get it before getting to qintarra) and attack enemies' heads instead of just throwing the weapon normally. I think that's done with the , key. You'll get more critical hits this way, doing more damage overall.

Or you can throw heavy objects (not weapons) - steam engines, automatons, rocks from ashbury, etc.

Still, a tech thrower sucks. You'll soon notice that getting all the explosives ready before going anywhere is simply too much hassle.

You'll be much better off spending 3cp in melee/bow and 2 in throwing - and using a pyrotechnic weapon to go with the explosives.

4. Cooto3s

Cooto3s New Member

Hmm it seems there's alot that I've missed in this game.. I had no idea you could attack the head only lol..

Do you have to call a head attack after each attack or is it on until you cancel it? If that's the case then how do I turn it off?

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You have to call it for each attack.

And there are only rwally 2 decent throwing weapons in the game and you can't get them for a while, throwing is more of a way to waste left over points from a pure fighter build or to use grenades in a support capacity than anything else.

Our Host!