Drivers License

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wobbler, Jul 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Since people tend to talk about everything and nothing on this place and since having a drivers license is a good thing to have, I thought I could tell everyone that I got mine today.

I succeeded on my first try, and only 13 days before army training. Which is nice.

Have a good day.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Congratulations. How long after you turned 18?

3. wobbler

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Congratulations with your driver's license. Are you going to buy your own car, or shall you use the car of your parents?

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    One week after I received my driver's license, I drove the wrong direction on a one-way street, right outside of a police station.

Good times.

Oh, and congrats wobbler. Now get yourself a nice set of wheels and pick up a ho or three.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Given that you're in the military, I recommend either a pre-2005 Mustang, or lifted truck that will never get dirty. :)

But yea, congratulations! Driving is fun. :)

7. wobbler

Since I will join the army, and therefore will have basically no time to use it, nor have any money to buy one, I shall use the wheel of my parents.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Was it the first attempt, wobbler?

EDIT:
    Okay, disregard that. Just be happy with your wheels. Or your parents' wheels. Or just any wheels you get. Go GTA.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Congrats wobbler! First-try successes are awesome!

(Down where I live, it's accepted that you'll get failed on your first attempt, mostly because our local testers are bastards. Thank goodness I don't have a car licence.)

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You always fail the first time Caity, its how they make more money.

11. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    I'm proud to announce that I did my driving test in Robertsfors, the town which was rated the easiest in Sweden to acquire your driver's license the year I got it.

No roundabouts, no one way streets, no traffic lights... no way you could go wrong really.

My test basically consisted of driving from the school down to the E4 and back. :-D

13. Arthgon

I have not got a driver's license as well. Each year I told myself "Now I will get one", but it still has not happened.

Here in the Netherlands, automobiles are important as well, because the ticket to go with busses and trains cost a lot. The weirdest thing about this is that the government want to stimulate the people to go with them, but still making it expensive.

14. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

It's a good thing that fuel and cars are free.

15. Dark Elf

Media:
    Cars are like black holes. Get one, and you'll never need to worry about where to put all that money you're making. Fuel, tax, insurance, wheels, spare parts... the make of the car doesn't actually matter, since they've all got "Expensive" written all over them.

It's the GOVERNMENT. Don't tell me you're actually surprised? Just like all those taxes that are supposed to be temporary; they end up being as permanent as bedrock and are then raised every year.

16. Arthgon

Actually, I am not surprised any more because the Dutch Government loves to contradict it self.

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Edited for enhanced accuracy.

Arth: Most governments are contradictions. Ours is exceedingly so.

18. Charonte

Charonte Member

Just don't do what I did and spend 12 hours downing most of a carton of stout , 2 weeks after getting your license only to drive home 8 hours later, on 3 hours of sleep and forgetting to hold the steering wheel straight for 10 metres or so...

Oh and speaking of army drivers, friend of mine was clocked going 140kmh on the highway (was only meant to be doing 80), somehow he managed to talk the officer into letting him keep one point on his license until getting back from Malaysia. In other words, if you want to be stupid with your parents wheel do so in a far away place before you leave, if you do.

EDIT: Damn I missed the whole black hole/girlfriend thing. Yes cars will do that, my first car was a tiny 1.8L bmw (old one) and as if driving that ~300 km's to go camping every weekend on the holidays wasn't bad enough, I sold it and bought a 4.2 Jag. I'm fucking walking everywhere now because it burns so much bloody petrol.

It's nearly as freaky as the milk carton in my fridge having the lable stuck on the wrong side, very difficult to pour into shot glass. Freakily that makes me wonder why I'm mixing milk with Tasmanian rum anyway...

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    The only acceptable usage of milk together with alcoholic beverages is if mixed together with Baileys, anything else is heresy.

20. Minuos

Minuos New Member

I'll keep mixing everything together until I receive superpowers or create gold. Does milk have any notable alchemical properties?

Our Host!