Dragon Age Dream Casting!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Jan 1, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

(Crossposted from my DeviantArt account, because I'm bored and trying to work off a hangover.)

Basically, I was thinking the other day 'Dragon Age would make SUCH an awesome movie, it really would', and I suddenly decided that I wanted to do a dream casting. Feel free to toss in ideas!

PARTY MEMBERS

Alistair - For some reason, the only person I can think of is Zachary Quinto with a dye job...
    Leliana - Kari Byron. You know, from Mythbusters. It's a DREAM casting, after all...
    Morrigan - Claudia Black. She voices the character and hell if she wouldn't look amazingly like her with her hair done right.
    Oghren - Craig Charles, but only if he spends a few months in Scotland first. Who better to play a drunken dwarf than the drunken dwarfer? (If you don't get that joke, you are DEPRIVED.)
    Shale - We want some kind of wrestler in the suit, but she HAS to be voiced by Amanda Redman.
    Sten - Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Don't kill me. I just think it works.
    Wynne - Dame Judy Dench. How awesome would that be? She could totally play Wynne perfectly.
    Zevran - Antonio Banderas. He sounds like him anyway, and half the women in the audience would meeeeeeeeeeeeeeelt.

ANTAGONISTS

Branka - If we can't get Amanda Redman to voice Shale, we have to get her to play Branka.
    Arl Howe - Tim Curry. It would work, it would work soooo well. Don't you love it when voice actors could actually play the characters they voice?
    Teyrn Logain - John de Lancie. He could not only portray Logain, but he could do it with STYLE, baby.

OTHERS

King Cailan - Orlando Bloom. Fine, I caved, I couldn't think of anyone else to save myself.
    Connor - I do not know of a single child actor I could think of the play this guy other than the one who played Edmund in 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', but damned if I can remember the kid's name!
    Duncan - Viggo Mortenson. We already know he can fight like a badass.
    Arl Eamon - Robert Carlyle. Trust me, let him grow a beard and enjoy the fun!
    Female Mage Apprentices - Pretty much the entire cast of the new St. Trinian's movie. Because I can.
    Lord Harrowmont - Alun Armstrong. Those of you who'd seen New Tricks know where I'm coming from.
    First Enchanter Irving - Michael Bell. Seriously. Add that voice to the coolest dude in the Circle Tower. He even looks a bit like Irving.
    Arlessa Isolde - Amanda Tapping. She's got to be blonde, hot and able to act, and Ms. Tapping has proven that she can be all three and badass into the bargain.
    Flemeth - Kate Mulgrew. I have seen her in old makeup on ST:Voyager, and she could totally pull it off!
    Jowan - Garrett Hedlund. Trust me on this one. *grin*
    Riordan - Chris Barrie. If he can play Rimmer AND Lara Croft's butler, he can damn well play the badass that is Riordan.
    Bann Teagan - Michael Shanks. Why yes, I do watch a bit of Stargate...

I need contributions!!

Feedback, suggestions, whatever. You know you want toooooo.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well first I need to play the game, but now as then I'd probably not actually contribute.

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Was goin to wait till feb to buy the game and play it but now I know who the bad guys are and stuff... Awwww

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    1) She likes Dragon Rage.

2) Not only does she like it, she even produces a dream casting for it.

3) My hypothesis is true.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

...Apparently hangovers are going to destroy my reputation.

Either that or my habit of writing fic for anything that catches my attention for more than two days.

6. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

7. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Fuck yes. Owe "Tits. You just can't have enough of them in one movie" Boll, best of the best. He'd probably even give Flemeth her own "special scene".

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I think I'd rather see Kathy Bates do it. I think she'd do a much better job of playing Flemeth.... A completely different build/appearance, but the crazy old lady is like her strong point. :)

9. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Uwe Boll?! He shouldn't be allowed within 50 yards of a movie set or a camera.

10. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Seconded, thirded, motion carried. You know, unless it's a Halo movie, then by all means let him make that. It would be hysterical.

Kate Mulgrew is a GODDESS, people! Let the woman play Flemeth!

11. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

DF: I second that, because I saw her acting in Misery, and that other Steven King movie, and that was really good.

Magikot: I think someone should stop Uwe, for making such movie. I would rather that we make and play in this movie.

12. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

13. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Kate Mulgrew actually put a great deal of effort into Flemeth, judging by what she says in an interview with her I read somewhere. I would definitely approve. Would not approve of this movie in general, though.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Go watch Fried Green Tomatoes. Not the same kind of crazy old lady, but if you see that, you also cannot deny how brilliantly she'd fit that role.

...and no matter what you may say, that is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Our Host!