Downloads to add

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by "Bob", Apr 25, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. "Bob"

"Bob" New Member

Hi there, just a suggestion, not ordering anyone to do anything...

This site has a very impressive selection of Arcanum downloads, organized very well, but I believe there are just a few missing:

First a quote from a post by Muro on another thread:

It seems the only one of those 3 that was uploaded was the latest version of Virgil's cheat dialogue, but the download does not work: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... Cheats.zip

From Petrell's Domain, there are several other downloads, mostly by Drog. The link is http://koti.mbnet.fi/ton_hur/files/Arcanum/ for the files, or if you want descriptions of the files too go to http://koti.mbnet.fi/ton_hur/infinity_engine.htm and scroll down to the section that says "Troika Games Modding".

1) 13 New Riddles
    2) Arcanum Follower Editor
    3) Enable Complex Shadows Tweak (just a text file)
    4) Original Troika in-game cheat mode
    5) Arcanum command-line arguments (just a text file)

There is also Virgil's cheat dialog (also linked to in Muro's post) hosted at Petrell's Domain as well, and like I said the download here for it doesn't work.

Everything else hosted at Petrell's Domain seems to work perfectly from here though (Dusty Dunes patch 1.0, HQ Music WAV, HiRes patch 1.1a, Lost Dungeon of Souls, latest UAP from Xmas 2009, Troika patch 1.0.7.4, Character Editor 1.8, and the 6 Troika official modules besides Lost Dungeon of Souls). So obviously those downloads don't need to be uploaded here again.

So really if you ignore the 2 text files, the following downloads would be good to add:
    1) ArcanumXVirgilDebug.dat / Virgil's cheat menu - the current Terra-Arcanum download for this doesn't work
    2) ArcanumXNoNoise.dat / spells are less noisy
    3) ArcanumXNoMovies.dat / get rid of opening movies, game loads faster
    4) 13 new riddles / this is a mod for the halflings w/ riddles
    5) Arcanum Follower Editor / this is an .exe you run along with Arcanum so you can edit follower stats
    6) Original Troika in-game cheat mode / this is another .exe you run along with Arcanum to enable Troika's hidden built-in cheat mode

The 2 text files (complex shadows tweak and command-line arguments) could maybe go under documentation or something, if you want.

I'm just suggesting adding these downloads, you don't HAVE to if you don't want to, but I think it would be a good idea, since you have almost all other Arcanum downloads and this would make your collection pretty much complete (except of course for all that stuff the Russians are doing, which I've looked over a little and is mostly just for fellow Russians and not useful to non-Russian speakers). Thanks!

1 last note: there is a rare mod that Drog once made for Arcanum and released on April 12, 2008, the race mod (see http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 398#507398 ) and it appears to not be anywhere on the Internet at all, unfortunately. Basically if you change your race to Dark Elf, Ogre, or Orc, it would allow NPCs to react to your race just like to the 8 regular playable races. If anyone has a copy of this rare file please upload it somewhere and post a link. I don't think anyone has this file anymore, though. I never managed to get it myself.

2. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

3. "Bob"

"Bob" New Member

Hmm so you found some more things to put in the downloads section. Very good work. And your post was 3 days earlier than mine. Obviously you read my post, then invented a time machine, went back in time, and upstaged me by posting an even more detailed post about what to do with the downloads section. I'll have you know that as soon as I get my DeLorean back from the Libyans, I'll go back in time and set things straight!

On a more serious note, I hope both our suggestions for the downloads are followed. Please note that I am not The_Bob, instead I am "Bob", short for J. R. "Bob" Dobbs. So I don't get to change the downloads section. Bob is a common name.

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Our Host!