Don't make me pull out the axe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bryant1380, Nov 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I went to the local Wally World today and got a couple of games for 10 bucks apiece. Black and White, and Hitman. Whoo hoo. Ain't I keepin' up with the times. TOEE coming at Christmas. Leave me alone.

Anyway, I know some of you pale, pasty, red-eyed mother-humpers have this game. So somebody please keep me from getting the axe outta the shed, and properly inserting it into my computer monitor.

The big bear thing told me that if I perform those little single miracles while my creature is attached to the leash, that the creature would learn how to do these miracles. Well, while I have ahold of the leash, all I can do is just "pick up" the miracle. Drop the leash, and it allows me to "tap" or "select" the miracle, thus allowing me to adminster said miracle at will.

If that made no fucking sense, don't ask me. I don't even understand what the hell I just wrote either.

2. Settler

Settler Member

Okay...

Make sure you have the learning leash (the rope one) on your creature, then perform the miracle. It'll take quite a while (i.e, more than one session), especially if you have anything but the orangutan, but your creature will slowly learn.

I think that'll let you continue. You'll know it worked if your creature points at the miracle, then looks at you.

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

That's just it. When I have the leash attached to me, I can't pick up the little miracle food things that the Big Bear dropped.

4. Settler

Settler Member

Hmmm...you need to use them...and I believe you do that by double-clicking the sphere of goodliness...

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I got stuck at the part in Black and White where you're supposed to kill this other god. Feh. Its quite fun though, other than that. I have the little tiger dude, and he kinda reminds me of this guy I know. The purple fox thing is pretty hot though, it kinda reminds me of Jar Jar.

6. Settler

Settler Member

I've always stuck with the orangutan - my experiment with the tiger was a disaster. It took me around five times longer to teach him a miracle, and when he did, he started to destroy my own village with lightning, then proceeded to throw sheep at my town center :???: ...

7. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Black & White is hilarious when you teach your creatures to do random, stupid stuff. Like Settler said the tiger is really stupid and worthless if you want to beat the game. I find the cow the best and they look funny when they are evil. But I haven't played it in ages, I think you just need to start again and follow the instructions.
    -OR-
    Download "Kong" you can completely customize your character, if only I remebered where from

8. Settler

Settler Member

How can you not love the orangutan? Monsters!

9. Quethim

Quethim New Member

It can be a very confusing game, I never really did understand what I was doing till the end. I found that's it's a lot easier to go through the game being evil...my creature was pure evil...then on the last level....yarg, the game screwed up and I had to redo it all =/

But yeah, it's a very annoying game and takes time to understand what's going on. To teach your pet, you gotta do stuff in front of him...a thing will pop above his head giving a percentage...that's how far he is to mastering the miracle thing...

BTW, Black and White 2 should be really nice...

10. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

It is pretty confusing, I'll give you that.

How can I go back and do the tutorial again? All the main menu allows me to do is continue game or load skirmish game. I want to go back through the first bit where the little good and bad conscience guys pop up and tell you shit. How do I do that?

11. Quethim

Quethim New Member

It's been a while since I've played the game, so I really do not know.

There should be a "new game" button...or maybe when you load skirmish game...it says "start new game" or something...

12. Settler

Settler Member

13. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I hope B&W2 is better, it looks good so far and they say they made the player/character interaction is alot better.

14. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Yeah, "New Game" would've been a damn fine thing to put on the front screen, instead of hidden in a tab. Finally found it.

Anyway, my fucking ape will not stop throwing villagers or animals. He threw a villager, so I slapped the shit outta him, and he marched right over, picked up another villager, and chunked him. So I slapped him. Rinse and repeat. I think he's on about the 10th or 11th villager thrown, with breaks in between to sleep.

What's the deal? I thought these fuckers were supposed to learn. Maybe my ape's a masochist?

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The AI in the game is fucked. Still, it's funny to do certain things, like throwing villagers against mountains until they die, feeding ones who displease you to your creature, things like that. Favourite method of converting a village - fireball it from afar, then put it out with rain before the rival god can.

I really don't know what to make of this - A) Can't remember that 'purple fox thing'; B) How does it remind you of me; C) Is it a good thing that it does?

16. Settler

Settler Member

Welcome to Black & White.

17. Megaman-alpha

Megaman-alpha New Member

18. Settler

Settler Member

19. Megaman-alpha

Megaman-alpha New Member

thats WA in perth and the school holidays have finally come (HAHA! you americans are still at school!)

20. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

*Stands in awe of megaman's reflexes.

Our Host!