Does Harden Hands work with gauntlets, or only bare hands?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by eldestpredator, Oct 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. eldestpredator

eldestpredator New Member

Thinking of doing a brawler. Does the Harden Hands spell only work with bare hands, or can you use gauntlets/gloves and still get its benefits?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

So far as I know it doesn't matter if you are wearing gauntlets. However if you play a tech alligned brawler wearing machined gauntlets you'll hardly need the spell.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

I don't think it matters if your wearing or not gaunglets.....

4. stang4me2

stang4me2 New Member

I don't think it matters if you are weaeing gauntlets or not, but I would probably use the spell instead of gauntlets because you constently have to repair or remake them and finding the materials might get difficult after a while. But the spell only needs the spell itself and stamina, and once you have the spell, the stamina shouldn't be hard to get back, just go to sleep.
    All this would depend on your magic alignment, and the availabilty of the materials to make the gauntlets.
    But since I've never heard of a magic aligned brawler, a tech brawler would make more sense.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

He wasn't talking about gauntlets you can make, as most of them are highly tech, I think he just mean gauntlets in general. You really can't make them, you just have to buy them when they bust.

6. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

Machined Gauntlets(there is no schematic), +5 AC, +7 Dmg Resistance, -4 Pickpocket, +15 Dmg.

Vendigrothian War Gauntlets(has a schematic), +15 AC, -2 Pick Pocket, +15 Dmg.

War Gauntlets(limitless from vendors, might take a little power shopping but you can stockpile a dozen easily), +6 AC, +8 Dmg Resistance, -5 Pick Pocket, +10 Dmg.

Those are the best gauntlets for bonus damage in conjunction with the spell.

7. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I was referring solely to standard gauntlets as an example. You are correct in that there are gauntlets you can make.

Our Host!