Dishonored

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDavisChanger, Apr 24, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen this? It's a stealth action game with steampunk trappings. That alone smacks of the Thief series and never having played any of those games, they managed to grab me more than Dishonored has, despite being more than ten years old.

Still, Dishonored appears to do some things right. Stopping time and capping people lends some suitable The Matrix flavor and the story has potential as well as the world created for the backdrop of this adventure.

2. Wims

Wims New Member

Hey, I've seen this a couple of days ago. Since a lot of fun and fun gameplay but, as always, I'm waiting for in-game videos.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Seems like a game that's gonna turn out great. Will probably consume some important time of mine when it's out.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You are aware of the fact that my students need their papers graded and handed back in timely fashion?

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

What? why? wont they be playing Diablo 3?

6. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Holy shit, thanks for this link. I hadn't heard of this at all and that trailer made me pee myself a little.

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I make it a rule to never be excited about a game anymore. I have been hurt to much in the last two years alone.

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Pff. This game is less than ten years old.

I've moved backwards in time lately and I'm thoroughly enjoying The Sims, Simcity and now Master of Magic, old school.

Perhaps I will get around to this one in another decade, if it survives the test of time.

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Original Sims is still amazing though once you play Sims 3 and realise how much better the game is when you have weekends it does become hard to go back. EB has a sale on at the moment with buy 1 get 1 free. Was thinking of buying Sims 3 pets expansion and maybe the World Adventures expansion too.

10. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I want to see more of this game, before purchasing it.

Recently, I started to play old school games as well. Maniac Mansion, Wizardry III, Wasteland, Impossible Mission, Bards Tale, Ultima IV, Mean Streets, Laura Bow (Colonels Bequest) and Discworld. Good times. Well. That is more than 10 years ago. But still. Good times.

11. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Best use of the word recently I've ever seen. Don't worry Arthgon, in time the english will come.

12. Arthgon

Thanks for pointing that out. That is a fault of my part. I should have written that the games are much older than 10 years. Sorry about that.

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Arthgon means he's recently been playing games that came out more than 10 years ago. At least, that's how I read it.

Jojo's mocking your use of the word recently due to your particular phrasing.

14. Arthgon

That is what I meant. Thanks. Those games are older than 10 years. Old. But truly classics.

15. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

What? A forum that is home to fans of a computer game that came out more than a decade ago prefers older games?

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES HOLY SHIT SOMEBODY CALL THE NEWS

Our Host!