Discussion for These hands' got blood on them

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Dark Elf, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yay! Welcome, Sordino and Zachano! :bunny:

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

soooo...

Nikko

Age 15

Very pretty boy with blond curls and big grey eyes, 3 silver rings in each ear, two in his bottom lip, and a line of blue dots tattooed across the bridge of his nose and under his eyes.

He wears very old, oft-patched grey trousers, a shirt that was once white and now resembles his pants, and a ragged brown leather vest. He goes barefoot. He's armed with a seemingly endless supply of daggers from nowhere.

Currently a pirate on the Dead Dolphin (that'd be the one attacking y'all), but not by choice. Unfortunately for Nikko, unexpected things happen to him, often as a consequence of not keeping his mouth shut. When in doubt, he grins, displaying a set of very white, somewhat sharp, teeth. He's not terribly concerned which side of a conflict he's on, so long as it's the winning side. Failing that, the side that will smack him the least.

And now you're stuck with him :D

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Hmmm... I have a nice idea. I think you'll all appreciate it. I'll let his background come out in game, he's fairly gregarious, bring it up and he'll talk.

Wilbeneiser Splight

Gnome

General idea:
    Wilbeneiser (Wilb) is not a gnome like most of the ones in Tarant, he comes from a rural community of gnomes still living true to their roots. They've organized in a form of enclave to study magic and live out their lives.
    Wilb is eccentric, even for these naturalistic gnomes. He's also an exceptionally talented mage and knows many spells. Unfortunately, he only learns spells that peak his interest, and given his curious nature, these tend to be what others find to be the most useless spells imaginable.

Curious to a fault, and undeniable odd, he travelled to Caladon one day with a colleague to buy ingredients for his magic, when he got distracted by a sailor. The sailor smelled of thyme, which he needed for a new type of elemental conjuration he was working on to summon tornadoes designed for the purposes of housecleaning.

He followed the sailor to his ship and tripped on a rope sneaking on to the boat. He fell into the hold and landed in a large box of smoked turkey and bread. He's been stuck in there ever since, surviving on these rations, too weak to push off the lid that closed over him.

This box was then stolen by the pirates of the Dead Dolphin when they raided this ship two days ago. They've yet to inspect all the cargo and, as it was mostly a food ship, would still be interested in the party's ship since they haven't really got any money, only provisions.

Wilbeneiser is currently in the hold being tossed around during the fight. He might find his way out.

EDIT: Must be rusty, forgot a description. Wilb is about 3'4" with blue eyes, light brown hair that appears to have a problem with not being disheveled, and he usually dresses in blue robes with a hood. He wears big coke-bottle glasses that aren't really glasses as he sees just as well with or without them. He carries a simple wooden staff with his name etched into it. Also etched into are his girlfriend's birthday, her address in his village, their anniversary, and where they met, as he felt these might be important to remember. He does not know why though.

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Blinky: the colour is all right.
    Vyenna has two
    Baal
    rEt also has two
    DE, Quincy and Rosie
    Bunny (I also have two)
    Nukenin used to prefer this
    Don't worry, if we can't read it, we'll highlight it. :)

I'll edit this later, once I finish writing my part.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

well, i was going to edit mine, but i'll add this...

The tattoo on Nikko's face is the mark of a gang in the Boil headed by a young man named Kitten. All members of the gang started as orphans on the streets of Tarant. In case there's anyone here who would recognize that sort of thing *wink wink nudge nudge*

He is also incredibly lucky. Things just seem to work out well for Nikko. He winds up in interesting situations without trying, and if he needs something, he'll find it. Actually a pretty handy fellow to have around.

I should also mention that he appears to be a 15 year old, delicately boned, human boy.

7. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I've thrown in a little storm to make things interesting. I hope no one minds.

8. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

because, you know, a battle with pirates wasn't interesting enough...

*edit*oh, and i've decided on the name of Nikko's gang, it's Les Enfants Terribles... because they can speak french in the Tarant of my dreams...

*and for my second edit* hey quincy, are Den's tattoos something Nikko would recognize? i'll wait for your answer before i post my response to your storm...

*third edit* so, i'm totally loving this character, and thinking about it all the time, and i have new stuff to add, and i had this awesome idea, so... here we go. Tagga's gang (you remember Tagga, right? his orcs tried to kill Den on page 5) is called the Vile Fangs, and they're rivals with Les Enfants. Tagga has tried to have Nikko and his brother Kitten killed numerous times (remember Kitten, he leads Nikko's gang). they don't know why.

also, i've decided that Nikko recognizes Den's tattoo (sorry, quincy, you took too long :p ), he only recognizes it because Tagga has a hit out on the man with that tattoo.

and i thought of this really cool plot twist, but i'm not gonna tell you, cuz i want it to still be twisted when we get there.

soooo... hurry up and post, people! i'm anxious!!!!!

i should probably lay off the caffiene...

9. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

That's fine and cool, whatever idea you've got, I say run with it. Den's tattoo is a serpent which curls around his eye and bites an angel. I's done in red, but there are black highlights. Being one of the most instantly recognizable characteristics of his appearence, it is the firast thing mention in the bounty description. Den's also got other tattoos which are part of his life as a bounty hunter - I expand on that if the plot invites it. :D

*EDIT*

Could some other people post soon?. We need to know what's happening on other parts of the ship.

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

soooo... how many of us are unconcious? :p

and i suggest the gnome gets his butt over to our ship, so we can get rid of the pirates and deal with the storm... just a suggestion, though...

*psssssst, quincy* *you noticed that Nikko has Den's last name, right?*

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Tomorrow I shall be unconscious no more.

12. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I'm sick. No, I mean in rl. Don't expect anything. :sick:

13. Bunny

Bunny New Member

14. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Probably... If I die, none of you can have any of my possessions. :lol: *cough, cough* :sick: :-(

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Lara Croft is a Miss Nobody compared to the rest of us tomb raiders :)

16. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

17. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I'm stuck in rigging, you all might have to cut me down. The way I imagine it the tornado probably blew out most of the interior of the ship and damage the deck. The hull of most ships would survive, but it probably fucked up everybody still on the deck of the ship.

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, I sent Den to help you, but I don't know what he'll think of it. When you come down... we'll have a chat, my friend. :p

19. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

20. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

Our Host!