Discussion for These hands' got blood on them

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Dark Elf, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Never tried this before, but I guess I could give it a shot. I don't know what I want to do with the story, but I'm sure that will be sorted out once we start playing. :)

Anyway, here's the character I'll be playing:

Name: Trevor Luggerton

Race: Human

Description: Rough, scarred face. Short, black hair with sprinkles of grey in it. Tall and heavy, strong as an ogre, and about as agile. Wears a black leather trenchcoat that's seen many years of wear and tear. Known and feared in the underworld of Tarant for his huge mits and accuracy with his modified hand cannon. No left index finger. Smokes and drinks like there was no tomorrow.

Background: I'll tell you little. A ruffler, doing odd jobs in the Boil, though trying not to get too involved in the warring gangs. Once got his left index finger shot off by a half-orc thug, later found nailed to the walls surrounding the Boil. Spends most of his time tanking himself in the nearest bar. Tends to be chivalrous around women.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

that guy makes me think of Constantine (seen that movie?). "This is Constantine. John Constantine. Asshole."
    :D i love that movie!

anyway, i gotta say, you are one articulate individual! :p I dont think i can write that good.. oh well. we'll see.

3. Dark Elf

Media:
    No, but if you haven't seen Sin City already, go see it... that should give you a hint of who I'm basing my character on. :D

And no, I haven't seen Constantine. Guess I should get around doing it.

To which I have to say; you're not that bad yourself. :)

Also, I've PM:ed Ferret at Aozos. He used to be the resident RP guru at T-A before he left it... if we get him on board, it will be that much better.

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

well, if you see any spelling mistakes, be sure to tell me!

Name: Azri 'Vyenna' Nal'thur

Race: Half-Elf

Description: Thin, about 170 cm tall. (if yer american, convert it yerself :p) Black, long hair. She's pretty much like Kate Beckinsale from Underworld, just with longer hair. Wears plain, brown robes. Wields a staff, not magical. Trained in Meta and Phantasm. Also knows Necromancy (dark). Low-level in all of them. Young and inexperienced.

Background: Raised in a small elven outpost. Her parents got killed by orcs, and the elves found her and took her in. Her dark necromany comes naturally. No one taught it to her. She just woke up one day, and knew it (ooh, mystical). Now, she is setting out to see the world. first stop: Tarant.

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Can I join too? I've never roleplayed before.

And if I can, is there any room for nudist/exhibitionist peadophilic orcs in your story?

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

eeeeehh... *feels uncomfortable* :p

7. Baal

Baal New Member

Name: Merloc

Race: Elf

[edit] Age 279

Description: Merloc is unlike most elves for he has short hair mostly due to his love of fire and always burning off the ends when he was younger, the fact that his hair is red even shocked his parents. He wares tank-top stile black leather armor, gantlets, long black pants, and a sturdy pare of methril toed boots.

Background: Merloc started off his life in Tula training to be a master of fire, he also learned a bit in the arts of force and necromantic black. But he was expelled before completing his training, or should I say literally throne out (as in over the wall) by the master of convance when Merloc nearly killed another student at the age of 48. Afterwards he moved on to make him self a home in Ashbury still traveling the world as a mercenary for hire from time to time. Now he has moved to Tarant for his next objective which at the time is to kill the local gunsmith (mercenaries don’t ask why, only for money).

This should work.
    Well we seem to be converging at Tarant for something, it’s a start.

Careful Mathboy I Might burn your bare balls off. Or did Darkelf just rip them off?

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Just one thing... An elf aged 79? Isn't that a bit young?

9. Baal

Baal New Member

You’re probably right I should have put a 2 before that making myself about 279 years old, that make more sense.

Well this should be an interesting adventure. So far we have a tough drunk gunman, an exploring half elf, and a mercenary for hire.

I think I made a temporal error I placed my entry before Dark elf left the bar.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    We need more people, so yeah, jump in. :)

:thumbdown:

Well, unless you can make it fit into the story somehow. Don't bring it up just for the hell of it.

11. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

how bout this: ye can walk down the street nude, if i get to kill ye :p

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I must say the storyline is quite interesting and appealing enough for me to join, but I'm afraid the last thing you need is a person without self-discipline. :-(

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I'd love to have you! But what I'd also love, is to know what the **** Baal is talking about... So the guards ran *past* the tavern? would you mind saying where you're going with this?

[edit]: Oh, and what about the drunken man lying in the street? My idea was that the guards were gonna run to him, and then into the tavern... now that i think about it, it seems we are all writing different stories. Dark Elf, unite us will ye? :p

14. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

A few thoughts:
    1. Just go with it. One of the beautiful things about this type of adventure is "shit happens". Especially when other people join and do things that don't seem to make any sense to you (if the non-sensical-ness becomes a problem though, let me know via PM and I can ban people if necessary - even just specifically from the RPG forum if that's what needs to be done).
    2. Take control of the guards back. There's nothing the good ol' "After running up the street, the guards realise they lost who they were following and double-back to the tavern".
    3. Beat Baal over the head with a stick.
    This was really just a post to make sure the quick reply thingy was back in and working.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I'm waiting to join in till the right moment, do I have to post a character information sheet here before?

And is this story happening in first or third person? I noticed Baal changed his viewpoint suddenly at least I think he did if it isn't two different characters or something.

16. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Yeah, i found that a little strange too. But is this before or after the 'real' Arcanum story?

17. Baal

Baal New Member

I was in a rush and writing in first person is easer for me.

How about during the story?

Well if you want to know what I was thinking… Its that the bloodied house was on the outskirts of the city, the chance that the guards would have found it that night is slim to non and the the guards rushing the bar would have just led to DE killing them all and bringing more guards his way. By sending them some ware ells this creates something we can explore and possibly start the roll play without killing everyone in tarant first. Besides who knows who or what there fighting right now, maybe we get to kill it and become heroes of the city only to find there is something darker at work.

Unless your plan was to have them arrest DE then we get to break him out of jail that would be fun. But before we did that we would need a reason first.

18. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

[possible spoiler]What if DE *does* get arrested? He drops some sort of dark necromantic symbol thingy, which I find. Since I know dark Necromancy without learning it from someone, I'll be really interested in it, and maybe I think that he knows more? So, i hire you and we break him free? just a suggestion though...[/possible spoiler]

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, right... You like us, that's why you're here!

And I think I'll join, but I won't tell you when! :p

[the truth is that I don't know it myself -_-.;;;]

But surely you'll notice me around! I vote for writing in first person, too! It's much easier, although I can't say if it's the best thing for this type of interaction; I only took part in a fan fic, but never an adventure.

20. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think first person is best too, you're roleplaying a character, right? Not writing a story.

Our Host!