Discussion for The Gem

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Bunny, Dec 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

So far, we've got a character but no information about him. Care to develop, Wolfsbane? I'd be interested in joining in if I had more info about it.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm in.

Shayde is a consummate thief - she's been stealing all her life, first to survive and then for profit and now for fun. She knows many, many tricks about staying hidden, and she isn't afraid to fight dirty either.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

My character's a half-orc named Marley. He's a treasure seeker and somewhat of a scholar in gunsmithy. He's an ace with his gun, but no good in close-ups (low meele).

The rumors in Tarant is of a great gem, rumored to have been found by another treasure-seeker, who "tragically" died when he got back to Tarant and spread the rumor. Wasn't to smart.
    Anyway, the gem is said to be the size of a halfling, and the now dead adventurer named the gem to "Mountains hearth"

[EDIT]You're NOT supposed to find or kill the "shadow" Marley is currently following. You may see it if you like, but it's real identity is yet to be discovered by Marley. And please try not to kill Marley either just yet, he needs to live just a bit longer. Thank you.[/EDIT]

4. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I might join if I can come up with a decent character. Everything I've been thinking of feels horribly stereotyped to me.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I was going to play a shopkeeper in Tarant who has absolutely nothing to do with the main plot.

6. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Nice move, Blinks, babe. The world keeps spinning because of the inconsequential people.

7. Wolfsbane

You go for it. Just give me some basics about the characters and get started. Like... what's a shopkeeper from Tarant doing in the black mountain clan?

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I think maybe you should read his post again and think a bit for a change... Maybe you'll see how stupid you seem after posting that last post...?

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, my character is a human named Gerald Herts. He's a potion/herb dealer in Tarant. I live with my wife Teresa and my mother-in-law in Tarant. I'm not directly involved in the story at all, unless you're characters need quality potions at affordable prices.

10. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

11. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I'm working on a character - a scholarly type - I'll post soon, but I need to know are there any special things we should know about the world, or is it normal Arcanum?

12. Wolfsbane

Uh.. If you read some of the posts, you'll see some words like "Black mountain clan" and "Tarant". Does that mean somehing to you?

Yes, this is Arcanum. Two weeks ago, a dwarven hermit came to Tarant and started screaming about a gem called "the hearth of the mountain" in the middle of Kenshington park. Imagine the rest. A crapload of treasure seekers.

Our Host!