Discussion for The Chelubai Dissent

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by KNJoe, Dec 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

This is The Chelubai Dissent... A little unorthodox result of an idea i've sat on for a while.
    I'll refer to this later, if indeed anyone expresses even a glimmer of interest, though I'm not getting my hopes up. I would be willing to keep this going as long as anyone else cared enough to maintain input, though I think you’ll find that the amount of time you spend online would have little to do with your presence in the story line.

Section A: Technical Build
    This will be in anthological format. There will be no one-paragraph entries, nor multicoloured language to show what’s going on (although that was a good idea for that system). Figure each entry will probably be a couple pages on paper. Because of this, one may need to break it down to multiple entries, saving bandwidth space on page loading. (Try typing it in Microsoft Word first.)
    In order to make a presence in the thread, one must first get a design, and both character and plot start, checked and approved by one in charge. For now, that is singularly ME.
    As we first begin, one will be able to make the actual post without getting the draft checked, but this will change over time. I will duly explain why and how when this occurs, if this idea succeeds at all.

Section B: Grammatical Build
    For the time being, this is limited mainly to my wish that people use a viable form of language. That means there will be no ‘Internet language,’ misuse of grammar or punctuation, or grave deviance in spelling. Any thing like ‘[end sentence]. and then he went across the street to…’ are crap. ‘Magick,’ ‘Technologic,’ ‘scientician’ are cute; such articles are expected due to the nature of the story, merely try to not overdo it. A sentence like ‘a setnence like ths will be under no situacian eccepted’ is a relatively good example of such spelling errors that irritate the hell out of me. Phonetic resolution, i.e. ‘Aeeeggh, tha’ don look so good, ye gon be getting that looked at,’ are of course also to be expected at some point or another.
    Character speech is to be posed in just as clearly in form as their physical actions, interactions, and thoughts.

Section C: Situational Build
    The storyline is very roughly focused on Caleb Malloys... all characters will, through some end or another, have something to do with it, though this shouldn't impede much on anything else. Character development will pose a most important place in the beginning of this RP, as there will be no such intro as "he is [age] and his alignment is [whatever] and he carries [such and such weaponry]… The stories will be your 'intro'; you will learn about your character just as much as others do while you write. It is intended as a realistically posed system of lives, real people, and real interactions. Fancy spells, blaring guns, deaths and resurrections will be maintained at a minimum, if present at all. Keep in mind what late environments such as this were (or would be) truly like and how much they lacked the romantic elements we express them as now. After all, during the periodic Wild West Dodge City’s bloodiest decade, only six people were killed in ‘gunfights.’ Consider the likelihood of a spectacularly romantic spectacle featuring daemons and dragons, ‘master’ thieves, or a ‘scheming wizard’ as what it truly is.
    This will be placed in Arcanum, but should have little to do with the star-spangled plot of the game itself… How many people do you know were prophets incarnate, or have become wound up in elaborate schemes of assassins, wizards, and apocalypse? Keep in mind that in a world as malleable as Arcanum, overtaken with wide-range disruption and dissent, diseased and ignorant, where none can state with assurity who holds the power and social wealth… The truly amazing stories are those of mere survival, and the necessitating means thereof. You don’t need fancy incantations, pentagrams, nor unrealistic ‘battling’ to generate good stories.

I realise this isn’t the 'cosmetic role-playing' alot of you do... I have character, character moves here, he says this, he carries this and kills this person.
    This is an effective role-play; a detailed collaboration of who these people are, why they're that way, and how is reverberates in their environment.
    So, consider it, and if you’re interested, respond here about the game.
    I would prefer that any correspondence over characters, story line, et cetera be done within private messaging, as in the event that anyone ever read it, foreshadowing might be a bit of a spoiler.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Yah, sure... Good luck with that.

3. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

i have also entered similar threads in a few other forums, thank GOD not all of them have the same uncontrollable enthusiasm you people generate... ;)

4. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

Er... so are you planning on ever translating that first post to English?

5. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

sure, here goes;

i have a neat idea for people to excersise any writing or imaginative talent they have.
    noone is interested, mainly because everyone has lost interest in the RP forum, and in part because either noone likes the idea or they'd be too lazy to put it in effect.

conclusion? screw it.

*edit* lol, vyenna, if you can't be bothered to participate, then it's not a matter of you having LOST interest, it's a matter of you having never HAD interest.

6. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I currently have four characters/storylines started in my head, but I'm just too damn lazy to post anything longer than a paragraph. But I haven't lost interest... It's just been hectic around christmas and all.

So, yeah, screw this. :D

Our Host!