Discussion for Die Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Mar 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, since my last thread died in this forum, I reckoned that I'd start up a new thread in hope to catch some of your interests.
    This story is not based on Arcanum. It takes place in our world, actually, at a place in Germany called Die Hafen (the sanctuary). It is in the middle of the WWII, and Berlin is currently under siege. There are soliders everywhere, and some unfortunate individuals enter here in hope to find some friends or foes.
    Die Hafen is the place on earth where demons and angels comes to meet each other under peaceful circumstances. There aren't many rules, save three:
    1. Don't start a fight.
    2. Don't abuse your power on others.
    3. Don't disturb the current performance.

The punishment is simple: Elimination. If one's lucky, though, the host (Friedrich Schneider) might spare your life and simply ban you for a thousand years or so.

But not only demons and angels come here; some humans are in fact welcome here, if Friedrich finds them appropriate. Undead come here, too. But they are generally looked upon as dung and tend to keep to themselves.

Now, about demons and angels:
    Every demon has his counter angel and vice versa. If these two individuals meet each other, they MUST try to kill their opposite. It's just implanted i their psyche.
    Every divine being has a power too. Something that others can't do. Figure it out yourselves. But this comes with a downside; the divine beings has a weakness, too. A knife or a song or a saint/heretic for example. If their weakness should be "inflicted" upon them, they will die instantly. Also, divine beings are practically invincible, and only a few specialized weapons and poisons can slay a divine being.

About the undead:
    The undead are humans who are refused a place in heaven as well as hell. They are cursed to walk the earth until the end of time, and most aren't very happy about this. An undead is, too, practically invincible, since they can't feel any pain and can't bleed to death. But there are of course other ways to destrot an undead. One can burn them to dust, which will not KILL them, but they will be quite unable to do anything. One could chop them up and throw them into the ocean. Imagine the other ways yourselves.

About the special humans:
    These individuals are also known as "the others". They are extremely wise and powerful humans who know the ways of magic, and are therefore taken in by Friedrich, who himself is an Other. Since they have no special weaknesses, 'cept their mortallity, they are considered dangerous and are generally dealt with with care by divine or undead beings.

The story:
    300 years ago, a man called Jack Shaw was hanged for raping and killing his wife Joanna. But because of some unknown reason, he was not let into hell or heaven, and was therefore cursed to be undead for the reminder of eternity. Jack refused to accept his fate and vowed to make war on God and the Devil themselves. Soon, ancient demons and angels, as well as some extremely powerful artifacts they had in possession, disapeared, and the rumor telled that Jack was the one who'd killed them.
    Nowadays, Jack Shaw is considered destroyed and is only told of as a legend and a myth. He has not been heard from since 200 years ago, but the fright of his return is still among many of the divine.

Also: Divine being looks just like humans. There are no differances at all.

So, is this an interesting subject?

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Aye, and I'll join (as a human), but I can't guarantee the quality of my entries, as I am involved in two other threads already.

3. Wolfsbane

It's not that important. I'm just waiting for some other players and then we'll get started. Another thing about Die Hafen: It's a sort of backalley-club with a single saloon, a stage for the current performant and a bar with Friedrichs backroom behind it.
    You may also have special names, as "Razah-Gal", or whatever demon/angel name that you want, since some of you could be over, say, three million years old or so. Undead should have normal names, or nicknames (wolf, raven, serpent, etc), since they're actually humans. Only cursed.
    And the lot of the divine beings know magic. It's common knowledge amongst the divine, and nothing to brag about.

Some spells could be "reveal invisible", "control fire", "fly" (common one) or, simply put, "destroy soul" (kills humans, only).

And as for your special abilities, they can be rather exotic if you like. Let the fantasy flow, since the lot of you are unique in a rather unique way.

4. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Ok, so it will be like the club in "Constantine"?

5. Wolfsbane

No. I has nothing to do with constantine. Or a little, maybe, 'cept this is a club in the mid-40's, and that it ain't that big. And, of course, the most of you know or have heard of each other, since you're older than most other creatures on this earth.

[EDIT] I was just going to say that I'll play Friedrich and a few other characters in the beginning of the story. I'll describe each and every one of them in-game, 'cept Friedrich. I'm gonna describe him here.

Name: Friedrich Schneider
    Race: Human (Other)

Description: Friedrich is a tall man of slight built. His dark brown hair is set in a back-slick. Other than that he has no facial hair. He always wears a fine black coat, with a red silk shirt under it, and a pair of black pants.
    He also carries an expensive walking stick with him wherever he goes, wich is reputed to have a splinter of the devils right horn in it. Looking at him gives one the feeling of awe and respect.

Background: Little is known about Friedrich, except the fact that he is the current owner of Die Hafen, and that he is extremely powerful for his age, and for being a human. It is said that he once killed three elder angels single handedly, himself being at twelve years of age, without getting as much as a scratch as a souvenire of the battle. He has run Die Hafen for almost 10 years now, and he shows no sign of letting it go.

6. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Mmm seems interesting. But I'm really getting sick of the whole Good vs Evil scenario it really is stale beyond all originality. Also isn't schneider a jewish name? Based during world war 2 I dunno. Not that I'm mud slingin' yer RPG or nothin' any true RPG is a thing of artistic beauty in my opinion, I'm just an angry angry man. So my appologies for my synisism.

7. Wolfsbane

What? A jewish name? "Zu schneiden" means to cut. Don't try to right me when talking 'bout Germany, friend. Anyway, what would it've mattered if it was a jewish name after all? I don't think the nazis could've sieged this little club anyway.

And this is not going to be "goos vs. evil". If you could try to have a little more patience, you'd see that this could grow quite interesting.

And this story will not be about the WWII, it's just the current year i the game, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the main plot.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Mrrr, sounds interesting. I like. I'm in. Here's my character.

Name: R'Nasht, aka Katarine (Only when in the mortal world)
    Race: Demon

Description: R'Nasht appears human, although she has a vague aura of something other that makes the average human being more than a little uncomfortable. She is a moderately tall woman with a wiry but muscular build. Her brown hair is short and unashamedly perfect. She tends to dress very formally, in a perfectly laundered and ironed black men's suit complete with long tie, and a single black rose constantly adorns her buttonhole. She is almost never seen without a slim cigarette in her mouth.

Background: R'Nasht is better known to mankind as Katarine, a rebeliious woman who supposedly inherited a vast amount of money from a much older and very rich husband. She finds this rumor amusing and does little to quash it. In reality, she is a demon of no small power. She keeps much of her past a secret, though, although she does occasionally hint that she's been involved in causing more than one war in her time. She dislikes the current war, however, seeing it as both needless and overly stupid. She only discovered Die Hafen a few months ago, but she has already become something of a regular - it's rare for a single day to go past without her presence.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I have to do this one. I'm in, I love the German culture and language.
    Name: Drachenmurane Flammentod, or Hoenheim Schwartzkopf (in mortal disguise)
    Race: Demon

Drachenmurane is very tall, nearly seven feet, with a heavily muscled build. He looks human, but inhuman at the same time; his facial features, gait, and mannerisms all point to something otherworldly. He has blond hair, but a bright red goatee. His eyes appear grey unless you look into them, when you see a fire that seems to stem from years of torment. Not much for fashion, He dresses in a way that he feels comfortable, a good old fashioned kilt.

Drach is a very odd demon, in that he doesn't necessarily delight in human suffering. He does like watching how certain situations can blossom into full blown wars, and has participated in more than a few. Always on the winning side, however, he became something of a hero, in that most legends that tell of men with enormous strength, courage, or ability, were based upon his exploits. He's stayed out of most modern wars, but he did take part in the current dispute of worldly powers. He allowed himself to "die" so that he might pursue his real passion: Performing live in front of a group of his piers, vis a vis, Die Hafen.

10. Wolfsbane

This id turning out quite well, I'd say. But we need an angel to make this work out perfectly. Why don't we all go and whine to the others to came and play, and then the real adventure can get started?

11. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Forget it... I'm human. Just trying to figure out a good character before I start.

12. Wolfsbane

Alright. Take your time. But I'll bitch and whine 'til someone on this forum makes me an angel. We don't need an angel until later though, so the story will begin quite slowly in a few posts from now.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Name: "Liz"
    Race: Human
    Age: Looks as if she's somewhere in her early/mid-twenties, though she looks younger than she really is.

Description: Long (little beyond her shoulders), blonde (almost white), wavey hair. Either kept in a high pony tail, or just hanging freely. Average height. Wears coats and other clothes that makes it difficult to determine her build. Prefers black and red as color of clothing. Black, baggy pants, tight maroon corset and black leather coat. Seems to unnerve anyone she speaks with, though no-one can tell exactly why.

Background: Might be revealed as we go along.

Edit: Changed it a bit....

14. Wolfsbane

Nice, Vyenna! Well, we'll get started soon enough. You guys just write a few posts and introduct Vyenna into the story, and then things will start happening, ok?
    This WILL be fun. :)

15. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

As you guys may or may not have guessed, a wooden stake will cause R'Nasht all kinds of pain. In fact, they happen to be her major weakness. As long as a stake is in her, her powers are neautralized and she could very well bleed to death or somesuch.

16. Wolfsbane

Now, I'm gonna let you guys do whatever you want for a while. The main plot will continue soon enough, but I figured that you guys can develope your characters and let them respond to the return of Jack Shaw a little.

17. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

Looks interesting...

Name: Illikane
    Race: Angel

Description: Illikane appears as a frail man in his 20's. He has black hair, which always seems as if had been blown in all different directions, and sharp blue eyes, always on the lookout. He has many friends in the sky, eagles, hawks, doves etc. But has no trust for owls or bats, which are the friends of his opposite. Illikane is well versed in the powers of storm. Light breezes blow when he is relaxed and thunder strikes at his anger. His primary weakness is suffocation. He must "breathe" as humans do. His special power is the control of storms (tornados, storm winds, flight, he can even turn into wind himself).

Background: Illikane is a very old being, even for a divine. He has always had a love for the skies and the creatures in it, and also had an inborn talent from a young age (levitation and minor winds etc.).

(He has a pet magical eagle, Thaye, with whom he has a telepathic bond.)

18. Wolfsbane

Well, since nobody posted since Grossens last post, I've decided to play as Y'selle and try to get this going again. And to our new participant: welcome. I was in dire need of an angel, and you satisfied my need. Good work.

[EDIT] Note to Grossen, or anyone who attempts to open the red box:
    It's impossible. It's locked, and you can't find the key. You can't even open it using your powers, physical or magical, ok? Good. [/EDIT]

19. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

We need Requiem and everyone else still doing this to post. I'm not sure how great it'll be if I just make something up on the fly to keep things moving.

20. Wolfsbane

I know. I'll try to contact him and ask him to keep posting. As for the others.. I'll contact them as well.

Our Host!