Discussion for Der Hafen

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Nov 20, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

What you just did was ok, Arthgon, but be very careful to write dialouge for a character that isn't yours in the future. You control your character, but you can't control mine.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Yes, your right. Thank you for the tip. I was not quite sure what Ismael would say in this kind of situation. Should I change his dialog into a better one?

PS: I fixed the grammar, etc, gave Ismael another sentence "Speak quickly." (If it is okay with you?) and changed the dialog of the waiter into something better.

PSP: This is the first and final case that I will control your character.

3. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Blahahaha! Sorry, I just had to post a laugh! PSP! Brilliant!

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I got a samiset for xmas! I'm going to practise the orphan camel song.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

My mistake, it's actually an erhu, the 2-stringed violin.

Still, perfect for hypnotising lactating camels. Hooray.

7. Wolfsbane

This game will resume the day after tomorow. I've been busy lately what with christmas and new years eve and all, but we'll soon be back on track again.

8. Grossenschwamm

Cool, I'm already engrossed by the story. Can't wait until we start up again.

9. Wolfsbane

You will post your questons in this thread and not in the game thread, Arthgon.

To answer your first question:
    This is not a game we're playing to win. We are all trying to write a nice story together. You shouldn't be looking for "better options". You should be looking for options which are more in line with your character. What would Alex have done?

Second question:
    You could technically avoid the deal if you escaped, yes. If Ismael helped you meet Kant on any other occasion, though, you would still be bound to uphold your part of the bargain.

Speaking of which: what do you think the penalty of breaking the seal should be? I'm inclined towards death myself.

10. Arthgon

Yes, your are right about the questions, sorry about that.

You are absolutly right again. It's about to write a good story, indeed. (I was about to remove the question, but you beat me to it. I have done it now.)

You mean by 'escaped' that if Alex now runs away and finds Kant by herself, or if they will never get to Kant, I avoid the deal? (Or will the seal disappear?) Is that what you meant? Or do you mean something else? Just to make sure I understand this situation.

I think more of a curse as a penalty for breaking the seal.

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

12. Grossenschwamm

What is life if you're cursed? Did you have a particular malediction in mind?
    Death seems quite apropos.

13. Arthgon

If there are any roleplay possibilies, then death is okay. But else it's a bit drastic. What about this as a curse?

You have to life forever as a half-death. The only thing that can break the curse is when you fulfill the bound that has been broken. (something like the Oath-Breakers in the LOTR)

14. Grossenschwamm

Oh, I like that idea. Much better than simply dieing. Of course, if I have my way you won't need to get cursed.

15. Wolfsbane

That could work, but there is a problem; the oathbreakers were cursed never to rest until they had fulfilled their vow. That meant they couldn't go on once they died. But this can't apply to Malach, because Malach can't die from age.

16. Wolfsbane

Ismael will soon leave the game, not because I "failed" with the deal, but because I need to introduce a new character, and would prefer not to have to play two persons at the same time. Having said this, Ismaels part in this story may not be over. You may use him in your own posts; you may even have you chasing you, or kill him, if you want. If you don't use him now, I will probably use him at a later point.

17. Arthgon

Technically speaking Ismael did not "fail' the deal. He did brought Alex (even it was an illusion) safe to Herr Kant.

18. Charonte

Charonte Member

His point was that it doesn't fit in with the lore of the game, Malach/undead can't die of age and hence the consequences of breaking such a deal must rely on a mechanic that does not depend on age.

19. Wolfsbane

You are all free to persue your own agendas for a while. The story will continue in a few days time.

20. Wolfsbane

So... Have you all given up on the game, or are you perchance busy? Just don't tell me that you're waiting for me to forward the story...

Our Host!