Disarming Traps via Magic?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by akmatov, Aug 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. akmatov

akmatov New Member

Is this possible? I just took my first tech skill so I could disarm traps and took a 6 point hit. Surely there must be a way for a magic user to disarm traps?

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Virgil. He's self-healing. Just send him running through the area possibly infested with traps, and just pause to let him heal. :)

3. akmatov

akmatov New Member

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

VIrgil's kind of a waste since he either needs to be stripped naked each time or ends up with armor damaged/destroyed from fire traps. Any summon other than an air elemental is an excellent trap detector and disarmer, though.

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Dread armour is nice for making your follower's human trap detectors. There was a time when I used my followers for this purpose when tackling the BMC because I wanted to horde the Sense Hidden scrolls littered around for a phat profit. Now I tend to just use the bloodly scrolls for all the effort it is trying to keep your followers alive in such an endeavour.

As I mentioned, Sense Hidden will detect traps - though not disarm them - but any time I have detected a trap unless I click directly on the tile where it is located or click on a container surrounded by detected traps it seems as though my character and their followers avoid them automatically anyway.

Our Host!