Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Dog, Jun 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Arghhh you must allways have atleast five spies in every province. And you do give out titiles yourself right? you don't leave that to the computer?
    When playing chatolich the safest reciept against rebbelion is 5 spies and an inqusitor in each province. Keeps em nice and scared.

2. Solaris

Solaris New Member

So which civilization qualities are best in Civ 3? Industrious+ commercial? Industrious+ Scientific? What do you recommend?

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

The Persians ALWAYS do well. Pick your qualities on your preferred playing style. If you like being at war, take a militaristic civ. If you want to be a scientific juggernaut, take a civ more oriented to that.

My personal favourites are the Babylonians (Religious/Scientific, kick ass on the cultural scale), Persians (can't really go wrong with them) and, for some bizarre reason, the Romans (Militaristic/Commercial). One thing I always have trouble with is the Middle Ages. The computer always manages to shoot ahead in the technology race for no good reason at all. Or maybe I don't know how to be effective in that time period yet. At any rate, I find that part of the game the most difficult.

4. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I just started a game about 2 hours ago. Playing Persians for the first time. They are pretty kick ass.

What difficulty do you play at, Jar?

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Regent. I'm doing another game as the Persians (I'll get to the Middle Ages, realise I'm doing shit, and restart several times a day) and I wiped out the English already (Immortals rule, although I had one guy that took out 3 cities singlehandedly, only taking 2 point of damage, and didn't even get Elite status) but I'm so far behind in the tech race because of that war that I've got no chance.

Our Host!