Destruction V Precision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which is most satisfying?

1. Bazooka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sniper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Obliterating your foes (and half the level) with an explosion or watching your foe fold up like a rag doll when you send a bullet through his skull?

Obviously explosions are best when you have a group to take out and snipers are best for stealth, but which is most satisfying?
    Sniping gets my vote, especially when they are running towards you with a machine gun, frantically weaving from side to side.

2. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Sniper, 'course. But goddamnit, I could only focus on the V in the title and thought this whole thing was about "V for Vendetta". Awww...

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Bazooka. Partly because of the name. Seriously, sniping? What the hell is that? "Oh, I can shoot birds in India, they're called snipes." Pfft. Sniping. I can see its merits in demoralizing an enemy unit. Nothing hits harder than seeing your buddies drop one at a time, seconds before you even hear a gunshot. However, with a bazooka, you can take out the entire group at once. And, you can blow up small encampments, sections of buildings, vehicles...the list goes on. However, due to the variety of ammo available to both snipers and demolition experts (a.k.a. bazooka enthusiasts), the only real difference is the preference of the person as to how they should take out the opposition. I stand by the bazooka, for the noise it makes, the explosion it produces, and the feeling of satisfaction one gets from blowing something to hell.

4. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Well duh, the big bang and dismemberment

especially if you are smoking

5. Grossenschwamm

There's a Croatian sniper rifle that has a big bang and dismembers. It's normally used against vehicles, due to the size of the round, but it can be adapted for anti-personnel affairs (by simply shooting at people). It's the RT-20, one of the most powerful sniper rifles available to military operations. The bullet itself is 20 milimeters thick by 110 milimeters long. It has so much blowback there is a reverse facing counter recoil tube that uses some of the hot gasses from the firing chamber to vent in the opposite direction, reducing recoil considerably. Otherwise, it would dislocate the shoulder of the person firing it. It's too late for me to change my vote, but if I could get my hands on the Croatian RT-20, I would gladly fire that over a bazooka.

6. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

7. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I will choose sniper bazooka, which can make a headshot on 3-4 km (nobody cares that this headshot also killed 2-30 people). Anyway, I choose bazooka.

8. Grossenschwamm

I was wondering if someone else thought the way I did...the reason I didn't post the sniper-bazooka is because the topic up top asks for a clear delineation, and if I prepare myself for the mid-ground, I never come to a decision.

9. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

But of this two I prefer bazooka.

10. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Hmm... To kill a person and watch him bleed, or to kill a person and watch him get splattered all over the wall... The later, of course.

11. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Sniping of course. To see the fear and chaos of the demoralized in the wake of the most fearsome attack, priceless.

Then of course, if you cant relocate. BOOM, followup with the Bazooka for maximum damage on the way out.

...Or of course, theres always my favorite, the Vulcan minigun!

[​IMG]

http://www.montysminiguns.com/RealityPage.htm

- check out the video, its wicked!

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I like sniper rifles.

Of course, if you're in all by yourself you need to travel lighter. A personally upgraded M16. Two or three pistols (Glocks be so purty), smoke, thermal, and concussion grenades. A buck knife so big it would make a black man feel self-conscious. Caltrops are always fun to carry, because no one expects them. A six pack of garrote wires (mine always seem to break after two or three uses), and those small packs of C4, for when you're leaving.

I have had some good memories with high explosives, some definate funny moments. Word of advice, never bet that a truck won't flip more than a certain number of times. I thought three was pushing it. Motherfucker threw another packet of C4 under there and the thing did five, then fell on one of the barracks.

But personally I vote sniper rifles, with the understanding that I have heavy fire support from both sides. Just one side I'll settle for a nice M4 (I've fucked around with mine, so all of mine are better than that GI crap) with a laser target and quite a few other toys.

13. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I choose option three! If you really want to see something impressive, click the "see this gun in action!" If I had to strap up with anything I could, it'd come out like this:

Machine Gun: AK-74m
    Sub-Machine Gun: Thompson Sub-Machine Gun
    Lighter fare: HK MP5
    Pistol: Desert Eagle, black, .50 cal
    Revolver: Ruger's Super BlackHawk (.44 mag, of course)
    Shotgun: Cobray 12g Street Sweeper
    Sniper: See above link

14. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I would just take Makarov Pistol, AK-104 (myself upgraded), and experimental soviet multi-combat-rocket-sniper-mini-rifle "Groza" (serves as sniper rifle, as minigun, as combat rifle and as grenade launcher). I take previous objects only because I like them.

15. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, I could always use one of MY personal inventions. It's designed off of the railgun. It's built like a shotgun, and it magnetically fires a cylinder of iron at a target. If you make an electromagnet powerful enough to fire a cylinder of lead at high speed, it will generate alot of heat. Enough heat that if you were to vent it properly you could be firing hot cylinders of lead. With air friction they usually melt prior to impact.

16. Grossenschwamm

17. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Wouldn't the ambient air it's travelling through cool it some though? If it cooled it enough to harden it, you'd end up pelting them with oblong lead balls... which would still kick ass.

18. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Traveling at a high enough rate of speed, the heat of air friction exceeds heat venting. And it gets even hotter.

19. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Bazookas are rather cumbersome. I'd prefer a minigun.

[​IMG]

20. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Mini is really good, but bazooka is more suitable for destroying heavy vechiles. Anyway, minigun makes you look cooler in the eyes of girls in miniskirts. :)

Our Host!