Demo vs Full game

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by PeeCee, Jun 13, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Heya all.

This is my first time writing so bear with me. I have a question regarding the things you ca build using the..., hwat ya callit?? you know... the blueprint thingys. I downloaded the "Arcanum character planner" and found that there was a blueprint to make bullets. I haven't found this in the demo or in the manual that I also downloaded from Terra Arcanum.

Also i wonder what the release date is? On the sierra page it says aug 24th. But then I read a faq that states that the game is done. I can understand that the game is done, but it is not ready for mass printing yet. Have to go gold first I think.

But anyway. I thought that since the demo rocks and I really would like to play the game, is there a possability that they might release the editor or map creator, or the thing that makes you make your own adventures?? That would be so cool. Not only would we all Arcanum fans be able to experience the fullness of the game (I know, it will not be the "original" adventure) but still.

I also wonder about the "build" word that I see popping up here and there. As far as I can understand it is a ealry veriosn of the game (So it still have some bugs and stuff), but how does one do to become a user of any of the builds? (probably need to register as a beta tester or something). Well thats OK. Haven't done that. Which means I have my self to blame.

Thats all for now, but stay tuned and maybe and pop down with another question or two.

Speaking of which. I did have another question, but I (being lazy and not writing anything down) have forgot what it was.

Toodles.

/PeeCee

2. Hunter

Hunter New Member

The demo is newer than the character planner. Bullets will be a found schematic in the final game. (As opposed to learnt with CP)

The release date is really what Sierra says. The delay was because of a decision to finish "localizations" of the game for foreign markets and release them simultaneously.

They very much plan on releasing World Ed with the game. You could visit the AGES site (there should be a link around here somewhere.) Maybe reading the Arcanum Journal stuff about the editor would be a nice experience for you.

It's too late to beta test or anything like that. We're stuck just waiting for the game.

3. Calis

Calis Member

4. PeeCee

PeeCee New Member

Hi.

Thanks for the replies. I have been reading the journals and reading about all the cool stuff you can do with the editor makes me more hungry for the game.

/PeeCee

Our Host!