Death Be Not The End

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Lord Davidian, May 15, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lord Davidian

Lord Davidian New Member

Fear struck me to the very core of my tortured soul as, in the distance,I spotted a fast approaching carriage black as death and wickedly adorned in spikes and blades sharp enough to give a clean cut above the shoulder. Guiding this ghostly bringer of death was a man striped of flesh who had upon his face a loathsome grin of purely evil intent. With much vigor and determination, he did thrash demandingly the reins upon the backs of the two horses from hell (known most commonly as Nightmares) which in turn snorted blazing flames of fire.

I stood motionless, the tip of my fine ivory and bone cane clenched securely in my right palm. Closer and closer the hellish carriage came, seconds away from delivering it's conspicuous cargo of death. Suddenly and for no apparent reason, the carriage toppled end over end and seemed to disintigrate into nothingness. I then let out a scream of terror as I awoke to the sound of a horrid CRASH! from outside my open bedroom window.

As I struggled to regain my bearings, I stumbled to the window and quickly rubbed my aching eyes to focus on what made that aweful noise. Soon into my view came a carraiage which had also apparently turned end over end on the cobble-stoned street below. As some stunned citizens rushed to the aid of the hapless accident victims and others stood staring in shock, my only concern was in thanking the gods that what I had just experienced was merely a nightmare...or was it a preminision of events to come?

2. omnipotent_256

omnipotent_256 New Member

Gregor layed flat, sprawled across the hard, cold ground. He gazed up at the sword blade pressed against his chest, and then to the man holding it. Tall and thin, with wispy black hair that he kept combed across his balding scalp, Master Kaltin looked nothing like the warrior he was. Gregor had come to Master Kaltin, the finest swordsman in the whole county, to teach him.
    At sixteen, Gregor held the promise of great size and strength in his growing body. He was already much bigger than any of his friends, although he was kind of awkward in his movements and how he talked to pretty girls. but right now, he was lying on the uncomfortable soil, with a sore toushy. He hauled himself up, and was met with the smile of Master Kaltin. "You are starting to get better Gregor, dont discourage yourself. would you like to try again?"
    "Why not. I'm not likley to get an more sore." he replied wryly. They began with Gregor aiming a hard swing with his wooden blade at Master Kaltins head, which was parried easily. Kaltins Parry was turned into a thrust a Gregors chest. Gregor leapt to his side and brought around another hard blow at Kaltins midsection, which was blocked again, but it knocked Kaltin Back a step. Gregor sought to take advantage of this and lunged hastily at Kaltin, who sidesteped and brought his wooden sword down hard on the back of Gregors neck, dropping him to the ground. The young man cursed under his breath and felt the back of his neck. it hurt, but wouldn't for too long. He rose again, greeted by some badly concealed laughter from his teacher. They began again, Gregor aiming a downward arcing slash at Kaltens head, but this time, when Kalten blocked it, Gregor brought a boot up and kicked his opponent in the gut, knocking him back. The young man strode forward and held his wooden blade to his teachers throat, feeling extremely proud of himself.

Our Host!