Damn dynamite!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sethmage, Jun 18, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Can somebody tell me how to plant the dynamite on any NPC, so he can jump really high. I try pick pocket but I don't know how to set it off?

[edit] 2nd question

I don't know how important this is, so let me ask more knowledgeable people. Some items (like candle stands in Doc Roberts house) when you point mouse on it get highlighted, any reason??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sethmage on 2001-06-18 21:25 ]</font>

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Right...

Ummm, your best bet would be to plant it right as the npc wakes up in the morning(as long as they cant see you). Put it where they stand normally then run for save veiwing. Thats your best bet i guess, but I'm pretty sure they'll just curl up on the ground.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Enzo101 on 2001-06-18 20:27 ]</font>

3. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

The only way I know of to surprise somebody with dynamite is to prowl, and gently place the gift behind. Any other ideas?

4. Skorpios

Skorpios New Member

As for the highlighted candleholder, most likely that is because it is a light source. You can interact with LOTS of things in Arcanum (breaking down doors, smashing windows, busting open chests etc) and one more thing you can do is 'shoot' lightsources (like candles, lanterns, streetlights, campfires) and put them out! This is useful for stealthy characters who like to hide in the shadows. Knock out a few lightsources and suddenly you have a lot more shadows to hide in! Cool or what!

Alas, I'm not sure if this function is fully supported in the demo - try it and see! (Coz I can't *sigh*)

5. Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker New Member

You could try setting the timer on the dynamite and then selling it to the NPC :razz:

6. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

I wish there was a timer.

And Sorpios, you had beta so don’t even start. :wink:

7. Tel'ral

Tel'ral New Member

Does the beta allow you to attack objects like doors and chest cause it sure dont in the demo?

Oh and there is another way to plant dynamite on NPC's. NPC's are very greedy, if you pput an item down for more than 5 secs they'll just grap it. THe trick is (at night.) put down an item near someone who stays up late, then wait about sec (depending on how close, far or fast they are.) then place the dynamite on the item. In a bout 10 secs the dynamite will go off. great if the greedy NPC's has nabbed the item but utterly useless in the day (they just kill you for trying to bomb them )

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

It does let you bash in windows/chests in the demo. Try holding down the alt key and clicking on it. Glass will even hurt your character if he hits it barehanded. I'm not sure about using dynamite. I'll have to experiment some.

9. Sethmage

Sethmage New Member

Tel'ral if you want to smash object you have to go in attack mode and hold down the "ALT' key like Hunter said. BTW this dynamite can blow up almost anything.

10. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

The best way to attack items is using a dummy weapon(A cheap weapon you can afford to lose). This is because breaking objects damage ur weapon.

11. Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker New Member

Axes are the best for breaking down doors and chests, they don't get damaged I think. And even if they do get damaged they do a lot of damage to the door/chest

12. Hunter

Hunter New Member

I discovered that you don't even really use dynamite on a person. When you use it on a person it places it at their feet and it explodes some time later. Unfortunately it can't be picked up once active. (It disapears. I tried using it on myself then was going to try to plant it, but dissapeared. After I walked away it exploded. I wish I could touch the stuff after it was active.

13. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Acually i found a boomarang is great for breaking things. Unlimited ammo, good damage, and it being unbreakable really helps. Although my char screen says i hav a 34% chance to hit(0 in throwing mastery) it seems i hit 90% on door, chests, and lights. When it comes to hitting ppl though it is definatly a 34% chance to hit. Also it only takes up a 2x2 space and its alot lighter then an axe(Faster hit too). The only drawback is its lower damage. On averge i do about 10 damage everyhit(i dont think str affects damage on throwing weapons) and on a reg axe i can get about 40 damage.

Our Host!