Cyber Nations

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by Vorak, Aug 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Because some naughty boys tried a coup d'état and then deleted the forum when it failed.

Heh, it has been a night full of cursing and posturing. That Aclarian (or something) fellow is offereing a bounty for the head of Depraved, the chief naughty boy.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

They really deleted the whole thing?

So there isn't a backup?

3. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Depraved wiped it all. Which is too bad, really, because his coup was pretty funny, in a way. Would have been nice to have had the historical records.

GATO has moved to http://z10.invisionfree.com/GATO/index.php in case anyone cares.

4. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Thats F'd up in so many ways. GATO's going to be in total disarray, and vulnerable to the NPO (who's all but declared war on GATO). I actually feel bad for them, cause that would suck beyond words.

Maybe its time you came to the GC Spuddy.

5. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

So far the disarray has actually been mostly "cosmetic" -- it may be different if/when a/the war starts, but mainly it has been the newbs and non-forumites running around wondering what was going on.

6. Vorak

You've been a handy source of information, but you won't survive if the war starts.

Get out while you still can. If you want to stick with a major alliance still join the GPA.

7. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

8. Vorak

If JM is gone then get out; He wouldn't leave unless he knew the ship was sinking.

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

This does not bode well...
    I smell a nihilistic plot brewing.

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

*runs around wondering what's going on*

11. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Probably a stupid question but in the NPO and NpO forum I do not see an embassy for GATO and I am sure I did a while back. This mean they have basically stopped diplomatic talks?

12. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

NPpO/GOONS/whatever decided they were offended by the GATO non-recognition of NpO as sovereign and so shut down diplomacy and declared that they no longer recognized GATO. (I think they wiped the embassies either there or in response to the following.)

Then GATO responded by recognizing NpO while at the same shutting down all direct diplomatic relations with the Orders for ever. Their embassies were accordingly deleted.

Then Depraved tried his coup and failed. Among his last twitches he deleted the entire GATO forum, though some GATO loyalists managed to salvage parts of it beforehand.

Right now I'm not entirely sure whether the old "we don't recognize you -- we neither" declarations are effective anymore.

I think I'll remain GATO to see what happens. If you, my lord and master Vorak (and others), know of a directly imminent attack I might reconsider for the good of HoL, but otherwise I kind of like many of the people that remain and would prefer loyalty to them.

Let me know, would you?

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Plus, you get to keep colour bonuses. That's an extra $2.24 per citizen @ 28% tax!

14. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Actually, I think I only have one brown trade left.

Seriously, if you say the situation's definitely (not just possibly/probably) fucked for GATO, then I'll get out. Otherwise, I want to stay until the present turmoil is over so as not to leave under a bad cloud (or whatever the saying is -- you know, rats off the sinking ship and all that).

15. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I would do that to...but you should see if there are any ways possible to fix it out or if you only can follow the flow. wouldnt be a good time to get into a war, we aren't strong enough to take everyone on yet:S:p

16. Maximus

Maximus New Member

IF a world war kicks off, it could very well start between GATO and the NPpO/GOON mess, and right now would be the time when it would happen. From what I can see on the main boards, it looks like a few NPOers are trying to pick a fight with GATO, and GATO is claiming NPO sponsored the coup. Dem's fightin words.

IF they decide to attack, it will be a surprise that just kicks off and all of a sudden the strongest players will get nuked, followed by the rest of you down the line. At that point it might be too late to jump ship, as you might already be on the hit list. But then again nothing might happen.

I've seen a poll on the main boards about people wanting another great war, and over 75% wanted it. Not sure how the last one kicked off or why, but I've got a feeling violence and destruction are on the horizon.

17. Spuddy

Spuddy New Member

Sort of similar to the braindead gay pr0n story Paint Freak 98 posted on the CN forums this night... You know, the raping of das girl, outrage, blame tossed everywhere, ooops there goes the first nuke...

Jebus, but that guy was stupid. Or in the pay of the Orders...

An hour of heightened alert but still no news. Though seeing as how the initial "ZOMG WAR" thread was quietly deleted, it seems the leadership doesn't expect war within the next few hours.

Well, let's wait and see. (Are you having a good time? - I like that song.)

Our Host!