Cyber Nations forum created

Discussion in 'CyberNations Archive' started by DarkUnderlord, Oct 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Make this forum a special user group only access to keep our plans private?

1. Aye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Well, your incessant chatter about this game made me sign up and it looks fun so far. What I especially like is that it only seems to take about 5 minutes per day of my time to play. Which is great!

Anyway, I figured I'd create this forum so that you would feel free to start having more discussion and create new threads about it, rather than lumping it all in together in the one thread.

I'm happy for this forum to exist as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. It might even be a bit more active than that Mystary forum we've got down the bottom there. Anyway, enjoy.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

3. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Welcome to the game and thanks for the forum!

Any way you could password protect it? That way we could keep our benevolent plans in-house. [​IMG]

4. DarkUnderlord

Not so much password but I can create a special user group and add all Cyber Nation players at HoL to that user group (people can also request to join the group). Then set the forum so that only members of that user group would have access.

If I did that, I'd wnt to make a few of you moderators of the group as well so that you could add anyone who wants to join (if there are any people left here who haven't already).

The upside of all of that is yes, we'd have privacy from spies. The downside is new people wouldn't hear about the game much beyond probably a sticky thread in General Discussion.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Well, I guess it might not hurt to have a single "open" thread in this forum, for new recruits.

6. DarkUnderlord

The open thread would have to be in another forum (like GD). I can't protect the forum and keep one thread open.

How many people want me to do that?
    1. Make a "Cyber Nations" user group.
    2. Add some group moderators (I'm thinking Richard Vorak, Maximus and Grossenschwaum)
    3. Set the forum so you can se it in the index list, but you won't be able to enter it and read threads.
    4. Create a sticky thread in GD telling people what the forum is about and saying if they want to join, just say so.
    5. The Group moderators (as well as mathboy and I) add people to the user group as necessary.
    Can I get a few aye's or nay's for those in favour or against?

And could the 3 people I've named as group (and forum) moderators let me know if they accept or not? A post here or PM will do.

7. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Aye. That sounds good, aslong as I will be a part of the ones that will have acces^^

8. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Aye, and wobbler, I think those who are on the list of nations are the ones who will get access to this forum. Am I right?

9. Vorak

It is done, beware my power.

I guess that technically makes me a member of the HoL staff.

10. DarkUnderlord

I can only have one group moderator per group (It's a stupid system) so for now you're the man Lord Vorak. Mathboy and I can add people as well. To add people to the group, go to Usergroups (forum menu at the top) -> Cyber Nations. Enter their name down the bottom and click "Add Member".

I hope I've added everyone already. If I've missed a name, just add them. There's also a sticky thread in GD now. Anyone who doesn't have access can apply there. I think we'll have a liberal policy of "Member of HoL + Cyber Nations Nation = Cyber Nations Forum Access".

11. Vorak

I've checked, if that list of HoL members with nations you made is accurate, then everyone except you and mathboy are members. And since your both Admins you don't need to be members.

12. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Hopefully your getting an advertising bonus out of this. Kevin, the Admin over at CN givess out character bonuses for his Cyber Citizen's game for spam email and weblinks, maybe he'll give you a boost for your country as well?

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Our Host!