creating a new item

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Shota Shernokavich, Sep 27, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

i want to create a new prototype but want to make sure i know all the files that i have to edit to add it.

i know that to add the name is description.mes, but which mes files do i have to edit to add the stats, info, etc..?

no need to deeply explain anything, just the file names is good enough.

2. theorel

theorel New Member

If you want to add a description that says something different than the basic stats of the item, you need to edit item_effect.mes.
    note that you'll require a blank line(I mean {#}{}) above your addition if you don't want to mess with the other descriptions.
    But basically just creating the prototype and adding it to description.mes will give you what you want most of the time.
    Obviously if you want special sound effects, art, etc. You'll have to edit the related mes files.

3. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

ok ok i've done it correctly, but when i summon the Robes, they come out unidentified. i have to go to a gypsie or use the 5th divination spell.

is there any check i can do to make the item get summoned identified?

4. theorel

theorel New Member

I'm not 100% sure about the following, but it might get you want you want...
    assuming you don't have any wield on/off scripts try setting the identified flag. This is in 16F, I'm not sure what it needs to be set to(I don't quite remember my notation), but:
    Here's all the flags that should be associated with that word:
    Identified -16F-2
    Won't Sell -16F-2
    Is Magical -16F-2
    No Display -16F-2
    No Drop -16F-2
    Hexed -16F-2
    Can Use Box -16F-2
    (I'm not sure what the 2 means :-/ )

5. Mr Frost

Mr Frost New Member

this is sort of off topic but is there some sort of fax that explains how to create new items?

Our Host!